#146802  by NeilV
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:39 am
Hi all,

So I have two of the original ‘very cheap battery monitor’s (#3 on the new list) both on a 100A shunt one on my 3 year old 100AH (800CCA) AASolar AGM’s used as ‘cranks’ and one on the new ‘house’ 130A AASolar AGM’s.

Both AGM setups are 2x12v and they all ‘work’ nicely together off my 500w solar through a 40A Tracer controller.

The quirky thing is that they ALWAYS show a 1:2 ratio of amp use, and the minimum (with all loads disconnected, but WITH the solar and DVSR connected) they always show a draw of 8A and 16A.

With loads connected the ratio remains, but goes up equally by the load being shared (they are in parallel most often as fully charged activates the DVSR)

FWIW they also share a cat5e twisted pair cable with separate double twists each.

My thought is that they are somehow misreading due to the 4m of Cat5, and that if I (somehow) zero them they will then work fine?

They also have a .4v drop compared to the solar controller reading, so perhaps the longer cable needs to be thickened also 🤷‍♂️
 #146807  by mattn
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:28 am
To reset the AMP reading to zero, set the monitor to display amps then press and hold the <A/AH> button for 2 seconds.

Its also possible to calibrate the AMP reading - I forgot how, but would need to read the manual to tell you how. For me I would press and hold the "Set" button to get into settings then press buttons till I got it, or decided reading the manual would have been a good thing to have done before I started.
Pay with Paymate Express