#150394  by Nut17
 Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:00 pm
I was pricing 200 Ah cells at NZ$137 ea and the shipping worked out to about $80.00 per cell but with the unknown port handling fee at this end.
 #150406  by DarrenM
 Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 am
Have got close on several occasions to pressing "buy" on aliexpress LIFEPO4 batteries. Some even show orders from New Zealand. But its a lot of money if it all goes wrong trying to get them off the port.
Still very tempted to buy just one cell and see what happens. Could call it a $200 experiment

That's said, if any of you guys do end up buying 50, I could be in for 8 :TU
 #150408  by scubadoo
 Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:10 am
I would only purchase LiFePO4 prismatic cells from an established known manufacturer.
CALB, Sinopoly and Winston come to mind.

Unknown brands would concern me just a little as my only power source.
 #152838  by SCorskie
 Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:58 pm
I am looking at either Calb or Sinopoly from DHgate or Aliexpress. Am facing the same questions around import duty and GST. Some suppliers, such as EcoDream on DHgate, claim duty-free product. Somehow the courier company is able to handle it. I will be calling Customs this week to see if this is even possible and, if so, how to gain a guarantee of this and not just the word of the seller.

I think this is worth figuring out, though. The only Sinopoly cells I have seen in NZ are from AA Solar. They are twice the price of DHgate (not including customs). They do, however, offer a ten year warranty. Which is interesting, considering the factory only offers 1 year (as far as I know)

https://www.dhgate.com/product/sinopoly ... 42303.html
 #152841  by Nut17
 Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:35 pm
Including GST you are at $NZ1415.00 for a 200 AH pack. That is pretty close to the actual price I got plus varying estimates of up to $NZ 500.00 for port handling fees including duty (if any) at this end. This brought the price too close to the NZ equivalent with a 10 year warranty. I did like the idea of bringing in a bulk lot of cells to get the price a little better - But then I was lumbered with the responsibility of becoming a battery re-seller.
 #152892  by NeilV
 Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:17 pm
SCorskie wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:58 pm
I am looking at either Calb or Sinopoly from DHgate or Aliexpress. Am facing the same questions around import duty and GST. Some suppliers, such as EcoDream on DHgate, claim duty-free product. Somehow the courier company is able to handle it. I will be calling Customs this week to see if this is even possible and, if so, how to gain a guarantee of this and not just the word of the seller.

I think this is worth figuring out, though. The only Sinopoly cells I have seen in NZ are from AA Solar. They are twice the price of DHgate (not including customs). They do, however, offer a ten year warranty. Which is interesting, considering the factory only offers 1 year (as far as I know)

https://www.dhgate.com/product/sinopoly ... 42303.html
Please do feed this back, as $200/cell for 200Ah is excellent and $1600 for my 24v 200Ah ideal would be (finally) affordable! :TU
*editDamn, that’s US$ :oops:
 #152909  by Nut17
 Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 am
Neil, you would need 8 x 200 AH cells to provide 200 AH at 24 volts. This is the equivalent stored energy of course as 400 AH at 12 volts.
 #152925  by SCorskie
 Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:57 pm
I am now questioning if the Ecodream Sinopoly batteries are geniune. Ruixu battery store on Aliexpress sells Sinopoly batteries and they have the brand name on the engraved into the case. I don't see that anywhere on the Ecodream (DHgate) pictures

The Ruixu battery store cells are also significantly more expensive and would be more in line with the AA solar batteries (after GST and potential charges)

I have emailed customs asking for a summary of fees on 8 pieces of 200ah cells from Ruixu

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007 ... 9298.pic_2
Pay with Paymate Express