#153062  by Mitzicanter
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:24 pm
Hi All,
We have an in house charger " PowerTrain"brand 20amp which is probably been there since new, does anyone know how long it needs to be connected to get 2 half charged 110 amp battery's back to 100%?. Would this drop down to a float stage, so it can be left on for a few days to get the battery's to tip top condition? Dosent seem to be much info around for this year of charger.
Thanks in advance.
 #153063  by Paul
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:17 pm
Hi. At a wild a guess I would say 24 hours.Paul
 #153065  by mattn
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Generally Lead acid battery charging is not, despite the snake oil sale techniques, rocket science. They take a wee while to get to 95% charged, a bit longer to get to 98% charged, then you ponder things like "whats fully charged" - which sits on-long side some of the greatest philosophical questions of all time such as "if a man walking though the woods expresses an opinion, and no woman is within ear shot, is he still wrong?"

A PowerTrain 20AMP I have found on the internet looks is a smart charger. Does yours say its a smart charger, have things like boost and float written on it, or have setting for battery type

Presume a peak of around 15AMPs , tapering off as the battery get more charged, meaning 7-10 hours to get to 95%-98% charged for 50%. It needs another 6-12 hours to get to 'fully charged (what ever that means). When it switches to float, the batteries are fully charged, but won;t hurt to leave it on for a day or twenty.

If its not a smart charger, it will take quite a lot longer, give it 24-48hours. As long as the battery voltage is not above about 13.8V (if temperature compensated, this time of year could be a half volt higher) you can leave it on forever.
 #153067  by Mitzicanter
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 pm
Thanks mattn, looks to be fairly old has "automatic pulse mode" highlighted on it, no switch or settings to speak of. Guessing I put in on for a couple of days and see how they look.
Pay with Paymate Express