#62764  by lorry13
 Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:24 pm
Is there any specific charger required which I may need to change to and is using my repco 10 A. charger 6mths old that does several battery types?.
 #62765  by WoodyZ
 Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:27 pm
To charge what?
 #154241  by Nut17
 Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:50 pm
I have just read through all 90 posts in this thread and found it interesting to follow the path I trod down eight years ago when I purchased my first LiFePO4 lithium house battery. Not a lot has changed. The price of reasonable quality cells has risen (not dropped as everyone expected) over that time. Time has proven that the prismatic cell constructed LiFePO4 cells we are using for house batteries are extremely safe and realistic life span if not abused could easily be 15 - 20 years.
However, the demand for the raw material to manufacture these cells has is increasing at an alarming rate with the huge demand for electric vehicles.
Our new van, all but ready to hit the road is our third with LiFePO4 house battery cells and I am confident that they will still be powering all my toys in 15 years or so when my age will probably fail me before my batteries.

Most of the reasons I chose to head down the lithium path eight years ago are still pretty much the reason I still use them and will never revert back to lead acid technology.
Pay with Paymate Express