#145526  by nick222
 Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm
Hi, I need to upgrade original lap strap to 3 point seatbelt. I have heard that there are certified bars/mounting points maybe sold from Tauranga but I cannot find contact details.. I am looking for contact details of seatbelt fitters or suppliers. I am aware that the completed assembly will need inspection. I am based in Nelson. As an alternative does anyone have experience of fitting new seat with built in seatbelt into civilian?
 #145528  by BUSRSQ
 Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:58 pm
I would go with the seat with integrated seatbelt, you will end up with a better seat, the mounting points for the seat will need to be "engineered" and then Certified, same as if you put a belt anchor point in. either way wont be cheap.
 #148025  by BUSRSQ
 Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm
As above, Integrated seatbelt seat would be your best option,
The seat mounting points will need to be engineered and Certified, the cost will be relative to what the engineer decides on needing to be done and what the Certifier will charge. These costs will have increased over the last wee while as there has been a clamp down on HV certifiers.
I would make sure that you have everything that needs to be done certified at the same time. to save overall costs.
 #149112  by jasonc
 Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 pm
hi I have probar installed in my 95 civilian the paperwork with bus has a low volume vehicle component approval certificate for it with the manufacturer as van extras in Auckland and a invoice from seat belt sales in Christchurch was from 2005 google says van extra still going but changed name to auto transform and seatbelt sales still going.
Pay with Paymate Express