#149537  by savoury.dave
 Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:24 am
Hey guys, first post here - I've got a VW T4 Transporter which I am converting and thought it'd be useful to be able to ask local advice!

The walls are currently lined with ply, with no insulation - ultimately I am going to line the interior with pine strip cladding or something similar, but I want to insulate the walls and ceiling while I can remove the ply easily.

I'm considering using Greenstuf polyester insulation on the walls as I can stuff it down into the gaps - apparently it isn't effected by moisture like pink batts are, would it be OK to use this?
For the ceiling I'll either use the same or polystyrene sheets cut into shape.

I guess my main question is, is there a risk in moisture/mold/rust using polyester batts as insulation?

Thanks for any help!

Dave
 #149540  by BUSRSQ
 Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:00 pm
easy answer is yes, both polystyrene and any "batt" type insulation will hold water, water and steel dont mix
 #149542  by Growlerbearnz
 Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Consider putting a layer of bubble wrap against the steel first, bubble side to the steel. That'll form a vapour barrier between the batts and the steel, and the air gap between the bubbles will allow any moisture to dissipate.
 #149600  by DarrenM
 Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 am
I used bubble wrap in my insulation mix. Vapour barrier, trapped air and very very cheap
Pay with Paymate Express