#150877  by Davidjt87
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:50 pm
Hi guys, I’m currently looking at buying a 92 Mitsubishi but... it has a lowered isle(or raised sides rather)
Just wondering if anyone has dropped the seat sides in the past(and if so how difficult is it?
I have metalwork and fabrication experience so that side isn’t a problem, more the fact of services or structural beams that it may be covering
Thanks in advance guys
 #150878  by BUSRSQ
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Can be done, Usually the area under these floors are just empty space, you wont really know until you have a look underneath or remove the floor.
some can have AC/heater/wiring through that area but most of that can be removed/moved anyway.
just be careful as these buses are fairly Monocoque in construction so cut out as less as required.
 #150886  by Davidjt87
 Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:38 pm
BUSRSQ wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Can be done, Usually the area under these floors are just empty space, you wont really know until you have a look underneath or remove the floor.
some can have AC/heater/wiring through that area but most of that can be removed/moved anyway.
just be careful as these buses are fairly Monocoque in construction so cut out as less as required.
Thanks a lot BUSRSQ that’s what I’ve assumed/ seen but I really wanted to know prior to buying the bus. I’m hoping to remove as little as possible, and also”beef up” the Ass of the bus to accommodate a tiny on it for fishing while the family enjoy our country,
I’m sure I’ll have many more questions on the way, and will be sure to keep everyone updated if this dream happens.
Cheers
David
Pay with Paymate Express