#151428  by neon73
 Wed May 15, 2019 3:42 am
Hi what material have people used to replace over where windows have been removed, on a Mitsubishi Fuso? Steel panels, And how have you held them on while glue is drying? Types of glue to use, im old school where everything was riveted on, so this is new to me

Thanks for any advice and photos would be good
 #151433  by beanpole
 Wed May 15, 2019 7:43 am
In my Bedford long ago I used aluminium panels. The rest of the outer panels were aluminium anyway.
I cut the panels to size and glued/sealed them in position with one pop rivet in the top centre.
A small blower heater was then used from the inside to expand the panels and then they were fully pop riveted. Made a real neat job.

I don't know if there are fast acting glues you could use now. but you would need to be fairly confident in the positioning.
Be aware of different expansion rates of whatever you use. I have seen fibreglass panels used, which may be easier.
Gordon
 #151443  by NeilV
 Wed May 15, 2019 11:49 am
We just used vinyl wrap over the glass :TU
 #151529  by NeilV
 Sat May 18, 2019 7:57 pm
We did the outside.
We bought a roll here:
NZ$ 107.01 | High quality matt Black V ... e/ccmTMPJw

And then applied it directly to the outside of the windows. This also allowed us to do ‘partial’ window blocks, where there was either something built in behind (like the shower and kids bunks) or where we wanted no outside vision, like a 15cm strip along the back of the kitchen counter, and drivers window ledge.
Check out our progress and final finish on:
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2 ... &source=43
 #151531  by greynz
 Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 pm
Thanks Neil, your links don’t seem to be working but are you the Worldskoolie guys?? Will dig out your page & have a good look :)

(sorry for hijacking original post!)
 #151536  by NeilV
 Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 am
Yep we’re ‘WorldSkoolie’
Join/friend the account?
 #151553  by david 60
 Sun May 19, 2019 5:24 pm
Have a chat with a motor bodybuilder
Today every thing is glued try and find a rivet in a modern box body.
Carbond is just one product on the market there are others.
Believe me to separate a glued panel from a frame is hard work.
A motor bodybuilder would also supply and cut the panel for you to fit
Pay with Paymate Express