Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #147616  by Carren
 Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:36 pm
Has anyone ever repaired or replaced the oringal retracting fly screen on the entrance door of a 2004 Coachman Amara? Mine has somehow managed to roll up the mesh incorrectly resulting in it having rolled up with folds and kinks in it. It is now very difficult to open and close. I have had a good look but I can’t figure out how to remove either the whole screen or just the section the mesh rolls into. It is now saggy when across the door and driving me crazy. Would love to take the whole thing out and put in one of those security type screen doors instead (so I could lock that when I’m away from the caravan to let some ventilation in but still be able to lock it) but no idea whether that is even an option.
Any ideas or suggestions?
 #147848  by idex
 Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Your flyscreen was commonly fitted to European Motor home or caravan doors and is not too difficult to tidy up. If new parts are needed they can most likely still be sourced from the manufacturer, who from memory I think was called something like "Plisee".
 #147867  by Carren
 Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 am
Thanks for that. I will check it out.
idex wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Your flyscreen was commonly fitted to European Motor home or caravan doors and is not too difficult to tidy up. If new parts are needed they can most likely still be sourced from the manufacturer, who from memory I think was called something like "Plisee".
 #147945  by Carren
 Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:49 pm
I have attached some photos to hopefully give you a better idea of what I’m talking about. The mesh rolls up into the left side of the screen door (where the handle it to pull it across). The mesh on the other side of the door is somehow attached into a metal strip. Pretty basic sprung system. As you will see the mesh is coming out of the fixed side and has wound itself up incorrectly on the left. I just want to find out how to dismantle it so I can replace the mesh if possible.
Attachments
097BDD73-4984-450B-8EE4-B5B44144B659.jpeg
Top right corner showing mesh coming away from fixed edge
26BC46EA-1B5A-446B-9054-97CD2117F5C7.jpeg
Rolled up mesh on left of screen door
968EF2DF-2F39-4B2A-9220-E30BE3A02157.jpeg
Close up of rolled up mesh which has not rolled up smoothly/correctly and which will not not retract smoothly
Pay with Paymate Express