Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #142019  by Carren
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 pm
Does anybody use quick dry microfibre towels instead of regular towels? I am thinking about getting one to try as it is just so hard getting normal towels dry at this time of year down here, and I’m too stingy to pay for the dryer more than once a week. These would also be a great space saver.

If anybody uses them I would be grateful for your feedback and suggestions for best brand etc to buy.
 #142021  by idex
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:54 pm
I prefer to use them when travelling as they dry much more quickly after use.

Just don't tumble dry on a hot setting after washing. That's a quick way to ruin them.
 #142022  by Carren
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 pm
Any particular brand you would recommend? Have been looking online and some of them are pretty expensive - around $30 each. But guessing anything really cheap eg: The Warehouse or Kmart would Pro not be great quality.
 #142026  by Derb
 Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 pm
We have found that they are better after they have been through the wash a few times. I still prefer using a good old knackered cotton towel. They do dry quickly though.
 #142040  by RedBarrell
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 am
Used for several years
Use less storage space
Dry out quickly
Do a good job when in use
Buy quality towels, eg Katmamdu
Buy bigger size rather than smaller :)
 #142047  by Rovers
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:25 pm
Being the dish drier in our place I am pleased that Chris bought a pack of these. Having used the "normal" cotton ones for half a lifetime and now the microfibre I would recommend entirely, its almost like not drying. I'm not sure where she got them from but I'm sure they would all be much of a muchness!
Regards
Lindsay
 #142053  by myles
 Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:10 pm
We bought quite a few of these:

Zipsoft - AliExpress

Mostly 90cmx180cm ones that are huge (we are 6 ft'ish tall so like them...) - when we bought them these were $12.48 each. They must be popular as they are now $23.06 (and that's with a current sale of 51% off!). We also have a few to dry the dogs.

I have the typical Kathmandu type, but find these (Zipsoft) ones to be much better. They are a smooth material that feels a little different, but they dry the body very well and dry out very quickly.

Lots of positive feedback on AliExpress.
 #142531  by silver_linings
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:34 pm
there's always a cotton gamcha, which they use in India - going to get friends to bring back more for me, they feel a bit better on my skin than microfibre. As thin and space saving as microfibre, dry almost as fast - definitely 5x faster than your regular towels! In India they generally wash them after drying themselves in a sink, wring out then hang outside for a couple of hours and job done. Might be a bit more than that dry time here :shock:
Pay with Paymate Express