Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #151165  by torrentfish
 Tue May 07, 2019 11:23 am
A couple of months back I asked if anyone had tried USB heated clothing or patches from Ali Express. I wound up feeling a bit rubbished, but online reviews were glowing so I gave it a go.

I would like to say that these are THE GREATEST INVENTION EVER!

I got a vest with great patches in the back, neck and pockets, and several different sized patches that are designed to be seen into clothing. The latter are essentially wires sandwiched between two layers of iron-on cloth. I covered these with fabric to make them more durable, although this does insulate them a little (use thin fabric).

The vest is marvelous. I put my 10,000 mAh power back in the pocket, plug it in and am today for hours. So toasty I usually have to turn it off and on so I don't overheat! (I forget it has lower settings...)

The patches I plug into my house usb ports when I am sitting down at the table or in bed. Just lying on the 15x30cm one is plenty to warm me up in bed. I find the 30x30 one not quite so warm. That one draws 1.6 mA and the smaller one I think 1.4 mA. I use the 15x30 one on my neck and shoulder when they get knotted up. Bliss!

Basically they are the greatest invention for winter in the camper! Maybe more challenging as the sun drops lower and if I am not driving much, but so far it is working fine.

I was quite picky on the vest ('unisex' clothing I assure you is not) and paid $60, the patches were all $5-10. Ignore the blankets - they are an overpriced knee rug with a 30x30 patch inside. You can also buy multi-patch arrays and sew them into an existing jacket so you don't wind up with more clothing to store.
 #151167  by Andycap
 Tue May 07, 2019 11:43 am
Sounds brilliant ,i suppose you know about too much heat around the `below` regions .Where can we come and watch you spontainiously combust . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #151210  by vansvilla
 Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 am
Do you have a link for these please?
Pay with Paymate Express