Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #67624  by malcybabe
 Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:12 pm
Interested in this forum so I have contacted Movan for quotes Malcolm
 #67698  by Mark S.
 Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Been with Covi and its forebears for over 20 years. Had four claims and never a problem. Yes there may be the odd loophole in their policy but try some of the others who shall in case of Libel action shall remain nameless.
I do agree that I think justified criticism should be published - at least this way Covi have the challenge of replying.
 #67719  by Mark
 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:41 pm
I do agree that I think justified criticism should be published
Interesting.... Who is to determine if it is justified?
That is what keeps our whole justice system occupied....
 #67720  by malcybabe
 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 pm
I received a reply from campercare today My motorhome is valued at $35000.00 and there anual premium is $343 97 with a $200 excess however to insure for this value they want a valuation done annually which cost me $80.00 with Covi this lasts 5 yrs I`ll have to dig Cov`s bill out however I am sure its a lot higher than the above If I dont get it valued there pay out is market value I have asked for market value for my bus Will wait for a reply Malcolm OOPs Movan insurance maybe this is different to campercare :o :o
 #70960  by Doit
 Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:21 pm
I got my Covi renewal today. Market value = $55,000. Premium =$587
Camper Care Market value $50,000, premium $452 including Roadside assistance.
 #76488  by petercw
 Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:36 pm
This may include Covi ??

IAG's Lumley takeover gets final regulatory approval

Friday 20th June 2014
Text too small?

Insurance Australia Group has been given the final regulator's tick to buy Wesfarmers' Lumley general insurance unit, adding to the dominance of New Zealand’s biggest general insurer.

Australia's acting assistant treasurer has approved the transaction, the last sign off needed for Wesfarmers to sell its insurance businesses for A$1.8 billion to IAG, adding the WFI and Lumley Insurance brands to an existing IAG stable which includes NZI, AMI and State.

The sale was subject to a number of conditions precedent including approvals from the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, New Zealand Commerce Commission, and New Zealand Overseas Investment Office.

Earlier this month New Zealand's Reserve Bank it was satisfied Lumley will continue to meet licensing criteria under IAG ownership and in May, the Commerce Commission approved the deal saying it was satisfied the transaction wouldn't substantially lessen competition for personal and commercial insurance products.

The application was opposed by organisations including rival insurer Suncorp, the Insurance Brokers Association New Zealand, Multisure Risk Managers, the Motor Trade Association, Bus and Coach Association, the Rental Vehicle Association, and the Collision Repairs Association. In February, Tower chairman Michael Stiassny told shareholders there was a “significant risk” from the proposed level of market dominance.

Meanwhile, Wesfarmers has also been given the green light by regulators to sell its broking and premium funding units for A$1 billion to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co, the New York stock exchange-listed insurer, completing its exit from the insurance industry.

Wesfarmers said it will have sold A$3 billion of insurance assets for a total pretax profit of between A$1.01 billion and A$1.09 billion. Its brokerage operations generated A$331.1 million in revenue in the year ended June 30, 2013, of which between 40 and 45 percent was derived from its New Zealand operations.

ASX-listed shares in IAG were A$5.88 before the Australian market opened, and have increased 1 percent this year.
 #76500  by Roamnz
 Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:57 pm
[A couple of posts prior to this removed by Mark because they violated some of our guidelines.]

Richard, A possible solution could be to email Covi setting out your concerns as mentioned above. Maybe they have had staff away ill, or there could be another explanation for this situation. Interesting that you mention your friends Tribute, we were able to insure our Suzuki SX4 with Covi only because we aframe the Suzuki behind the motorhome. Is the Tribute in question used for towing a caravan? If not why would they be trying to insure it through Covi? Do they have their caravan insured with Covi?
Pay with Paymate Express