Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #77945  by ChrisL
 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am
Our Jayco was sited at a Holiday park and we couldn't get cover from any company (tried 6) OTHER than Covi.

Worth staying with them IMHO :)
 #91646  by Southeners
 Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:41 pm
We are insured with Camper Care. The premium was similar and it includes breakdown cover. We have a $300.00 excess
Diane
 #141297  by Hatsbatch
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:58 pm
Imteresting posts will put a letter to see if negitve comments may be reported my event happened end of Jan im still sorting it with covi and its June now
 #141298  by Carren
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:30 pm
I have my caravan insured with Camper Care - parked up in a holiday park as I live in it full time.

Others are probably already aware of this but for those who may not be:

Hidden Gradual Damage Caused by Water
We will cover you for the cost of repairing your vehicle if it suffers
hidden gradual damage caused by water which accidentally leaks
or overflws from any of the following permanently installed in your
vehicle:
i. sink, toilet or shower system
ii. internal water or waste tank
iii.internal water or waste disposal pipe that flws to or
from any of the above
iv. door or window.
However the leak or overflw causing the damage:
a.must fist occur during the time that you own the vehicle, and
b.must not have been visible, noticeable, or obvious to a reasonably
prudent observer, and
c.the damage must fist be discovered during the
period of insurance.
The maximum we will pay, for any one event and in total during any one
12 month period of insurance, is $2,000, after deducting an excess of
$250. This limit includes the cost of locating the leak provided that we
accept the claim. We will not pay for repairing the leak
 #141301  by NeilV
 Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 pm
And your point is...?
 #141322  by Andycap
 Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:35 pm
Hi ,our M/H insurance is due soon ,been with Covi last 7 yrs .First 5 was on an agreed value policy .Last 2 on a market value policy BUT ,at both these renewals i`ve asked for an indication of there market value .Both times they would not give one .SO ,the premium charged is for what $$ VALUE ON THE VEHICLE .?? ,so how do you know if the quote is competative . Maybe a rep. from COVI or the NZMCA might like to comment ?
Regards,Andy .
 #141326  by Carren
 Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:26 pm
NeilV wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 pm
And your point is...?
I was sharing the information with anyone who was looking for insurance and considering Camper Care. Leaks and damp/water damage is one of the things most people with caravans or motor homes are concerned about. Just sharing the information. That's all.
 #141352  by Andycap
 Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 am
Hi ,i have to disagree Carren as to your logic on insurance and what people expect .you buy a new m/h or caravan and get a guarantee ,thats good .you buy an older one,you hopefully get some warranty ,other than that most people would expect that regular maintanance has to be done BY YOU to keep your `home` up to a weather tight condition ,the older it is the more you need to keep on top of it ,and that is going to cost YOU ..No differant to any homeowner on a section .Expecting insurance to cover everything that may crop up is wrong and will only force insurance premiums higher. A % of income must allways be put aside for the unexpected .
Pay with Paymate Express