Full-timing, insurance, licensing, medical, pets etc
 #141366  by Carren
 Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:34 pm
All I did was share some information which I thought might be useful to somebody. I didn't express an opinion about insurance companies or insurance cover and I certainly didn't make any statement whatsoever about what MY expectations of insurance cover were so not quite sure how you can disagree with my "logic or expectations" when I didn't express any.
 #141367  by Roamnz
 Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 pm
Andycap, Andy have you given any thought of having your motorhome revalued, by one of the Valuers recommended by Covi or Campercare? There of course will be a charge for this valuation service but worth it for peace of mind. Have a clear concise list of all recent mechanical work done, new tyres etc and all extras, solar and battery capacity, age of awning and all extras. You can then approach Covi or Campercare for a new annual Premium based on your new ‘agreed Value’ valuation. Be aware that you measure apples with apples between insurance companies, you may find the small print differs and the actual length of time the valuation will be accepted, as I understand it will differ. Double check that whereas Covi will accept the new valuation for five years from the date of the valuation, Campercare has a variation on the term, my understanding it is currently only three years.
 #141370  by Andycap
 Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:32 am
Hi Roamnz ,been down that route a while ago of going to a local `agent` recommended , they had a `tick list sheet ` ,and only seemed interested in basing a cost on the internal fancy stuff ,ie microwaves ,tv`s etc etc etc in forming a valuation .little interest in getting down to the nitty gritty of the vehicle condition itself ,or looking at stuff which took a bit of effort to see . Im not interested in spending $100-$150 for a guy to give me a plucked out the air stupid price he came up with after a 10 min. glance around . regards,Andy .
 #141373  by idex
 Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 am
I agree with Andycap. We had ours valued about 3 years ago by an "approved" insurance valuer and I also thought it was a ridiculous exercise. Remember also that unless any accessories are permanently attached they may not be covered by insurance anyway.
Pay with Paymate Express