#132208  by Woody
 Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 am
Just recently I took our converted bus for its C.O.F. We have owned this vehicle for 15 years and had 30 C.O.F's in that time. This last time I was told the rear reflectors are not close enough to the outside corners of the motor home. When I mentioned the period of ownership and that it has taken a long time to discover this failing, I was told it has just been an oversight. It's no drama to place new reflectors where they need to go as long as they are over 30cm square and within 150mm from the corner. Any one else had this issue, or was my man just being picky. Everything else was fine and it flew though.

Woody
 #132210  by scubadoo
 Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am
They can occasionally catch up Woody.
Our previous hiace van was fitted with after market rear lamp clusters prior to our purchase. About 12 WOF checks later an observant inspector noticed that those fittings had no reflectors imbedded unlike the originals.
A quick visit to Supercheap, 2 self-adhesive rectangular reflectors later and all was satisfied.
 #132212  by BUSRSQ
 Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 pm
Yeah it happens all the time, then one inspector who has a thing about reflectors will pull you up, I would say you have had 30 very lucky inspections :)
I just got pulled up by the CVIU because my emergency exit signs were only 70mm not the 75 they are supposed to be ( been like that since it was complied 10 years ago)
 #132213  by Paul
 Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 pm
It took 18 COF to find out my dual head lights where on the wrong side, ie hi beam in the middele.Paul
 #132220  by Mark
 Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:33 pm
Yeah, Woody. Exactly the same except they noticed mine after about 10 COFs.
We put a couple of stick-on reflectors on. One of those has since fallen off, but even that has not attracted any comment in the last, at least, 6 COf's.
Just be thankful that the inspector has a fetish about something cheap, rather than something expensive ;)
 #132225  by thecapt
 Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:28 pm
Yes at Levin vtnz where the staff wont dance and a short arse inspector told me my original rear reflectors have to be moved 10mm toward the outside edge of bus. had to obey the snivelling idiot and alter them
Pay with Paymate Express