#133384  by Karmann57
 Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:34 pm
rv7des wrote:Hopefully we can keep the same layout with 1 permanent double bed, and the other double bed requiring the table to be folded down for the base.
So, the second double bed is actually two singles with an option to fill the centre space using the table top? On that basis you need 4 seat belts minimum either way.
 #133408  by rv7des
 Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:21 pm
Good point and thank you. Unless it is a child of around 1meter it is only a seat. As an adult I would not think of sleeping on the bench. The inside of the camper is only 180cm. The table lays across that facing the door with room for steps etc. Would this still account for 2 berths?

Look forward to your comments.

#133418  by mattn
 Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:48 am
It would be valuable for you to have a discussion with your LVC certifier and spend time with them understanding what can and cannot be done and likely costs involved (nearly anything can be done, at a cost.....). Details such as above are their job, they ultimately have the best understanding of the application of the law. The easy path is getting them to understand your situation and work with them to get the best outcome.
 #133422  by rv7des
 Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:47 pm
The LVVTA were very good at giving me a list of names and advice on who to use. I'll need to contact one of the Low Volume Vehicle inspectors as soon as the camper is available, so will take on board your advice. Thank you
Pay with Paymate Express