#134267  by BUSRSQ
 Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:43 am
NeilV wrote:Hi Ray,

As your 9m presumably means you already have a class 2, I think Nut has shown you the perfect solution. As long as your combined weight is within your legal Class2 limit, your vehicles can EACH be up to 6 tons and be WOF’d instead of COF’d. This gives you the options to pick a good Tug as MattN suggests and still happily load up the trailer and tug as Nut does without any issues as long as each vehicle and their connecting hitch are all within their design limits. :TU
Just a quick correction the COF limit is 3500kg :) so both can be up to 3500kg(laden) and be on wof but combined goes over the 6000kg class 2 requirement ( man I hate these rules they are all sort of half pie and made up on the fly, all because of motorhome hire companies wanting to put inexperienced foreign drivers in bigger vehicles )
so here is a quick question if I am driving a 5500kg bus so it is a class 1 licence on a COF what is my speed limit ? 90km/hr or 100km/hr ?
 #134268  by Nut17
 Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:50 am
If your bus is registered as a motor home ........ Class 1 and 90 KPH
School Bus .............................................Passenger Service and 80Kph
Ordinary Passenger Bus ...............................Passenger Service and 90 Kph
That was what I was able to glean from the LTSA Website.

Cheers
Chris
 #134271  by mattn
 Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 am
My concern is less about inexperienced Class 1 license holders driving a 5500kg bus, motor home or truck. Where the real danger lies is them towing a 3400kg caravan behind an overloaded tonka toy sold to them as a truck capable of doing the job by a salesman who is commission. The caravan sales man says 'that find, the tug tow limit is 3500kg', so people drive out the yard blissfully ignorant of how badly it can go wrong.
 #134284  by Mark S.
 Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 pm
From a dedicated bus person, I honestly cant see the merits of disposing of a 9m you own, to buy a caravan its obvious that someone has convinced you, you need. ???????????
Pay with Paymate Express