#142542  by William
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:35 pm
Ive just been told today by another motorhome owner,to take mine to a public weighbridge and get a certified weight.If it comes under the weight of 3575kgs LTNZ cut off, and fits the Low Volume code, then it's worth trying for new compliance. So everdently I need to take it to a public weighbridge and ask for weight compliance cert.
 #143738  by William
 Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 pm
I personaly think the VGM legislation for Motorhomes needs to be looked at by the Minister of Transport.From what Ive read,NZTA still class a motorhome as a "truck" if it was built commercialy from truck and chassis.They see it as a payload only.They are not prepared to change the rules to accept that motorhomes are in a class of their own,and could never on any account carry the same payload is the original truck would have.There are alot of members and non members who own motorhomes that are just above the cut off of 3500 and up to 4000, there should be an allowance for them to come into the WOF class.Otherwise they are paying high road transport fees matching a heavy contractors truck,just to go Freedom Camping etc, and their motorhome will never in it's life be able to carry the manufacture's VGM.There needs to be a big shake up over this.
 #143744  by roy
 Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 pm
Re the rate up to 3500 kg is according to the ltsa web site $62 per 1000 k . And more than 3500kg and not more than 6OOO kg is $68 per 1000 k looks like there is only $6 in it if I am on the right page .
Cheers Roy
 #143749  by William
 Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:47 am
Okay Roy RUC is not so bad I guess,I dont know about rego fees up to 4000 or 6000,and the COF charges are alot higher than WOF .Im aware the COF check is alot more intensive and nzmca members do get a small discount on that fee at VTNZ.But I mainly wanted to point out that Campervans and Motorhomes are in a "class" of their own.Yet from my experiance with LTNZ/NZTA they still hold onto the fact that they belive a commercialy built motorhome that is built on a "Truck Chassis" is still a "truck" because of its VGM, therefor they are not prepared to lower the VGM to suit the vehicle.They are having owners pay the same amount in road tax,Rego fees etc as a heavy contractor's truck. Also the COF could be dropped and changed over to WOF hence the motorhome is not being used as a heavy truck.Does this make any sence to owners?I havent heard of any changes coming up or NZMCA pushing for a change in the Legislation.This is only my opinion and I think because there will be hundreds of owners that may be caught up in this situation,it should be discussed about.Thanks.
 #144065  by roy
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:56 am
Some years ago the GVM was able to be moved up or DOWN by a company in Hamilton that actually did it for the LTSA. I was told by the company they were no longer required by the LTSA and now are no longer in business . This has been the case for a few years I wonder why .
Cheers Roy
 #144086  by NeilV
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 pm
Yep, if you think 3,500-6,000 is a big RuC (and CoF) difference, try my 10T GVM bus that tares with all tanks and gear ‘fully loaded’ at 7.4T but pays the 10T RuC regardless!

6-9T is (currently) $104
9-12T is $142!

So $38/1000Kms (soon to be $41) more ‘just because’ :roll:

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/licen ... tion-fees/
 #144090  by William
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 pm
We all should sell and buy a horse and carrage.But they would find a way for chargeing us to use the roads. We could use the horse dung to burn and keep the carrages warm in winter.Or all band together and drive a convoy to parlament and knock on the Minister of Transport's door and ask for a huge change in Legislation.Motorhomes,Camper Vans and heavy weight house buses are all in a class of their own,and should be reconised as such.We need a policy for our vehicles different from any other.
Pay with Paymate Express