#84027  by Chelle
 Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:13 am
Hi folks.
Still battling through the bureaucracy.
Does anyone have a copy of Electrical standard AS/NZS 3001:2001 or 2008 *Electrical installations—Relocatable
premises (including caravans and tents) and their site installations" that I could have a read of.
I find it ludicrous that we all have to follow these rules when doing electric work but have to pay for the guidelines. I can log into the EWR website but am then told the Standards NewZealand people own it and want $123 just to download the pdf!

Would anyone like to chip in and go halves, quarters or whatever to get a copy just for us on here?
I would gladly buy it myself and share just so people can do things right but am only on an invalid pension.
Just an idea for now.
Cheers
Chelle
 #84044  by vansvilla
 Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 am
If you go th the last post of the topic Interior wall Framing then click on the link and you will be taken to the Std.
 #84050  by Minnie
 Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:24 am
Chelle wrote:Hi folks.
Still battling through the bureaucracy.
I find it ludicrous that we all have to follow these rules when doing electric work but have to pay for the guidelines.
Chelle
Is it worth noting that you are placing yourself at risk if you are "doing electrical work" and you are not a licensed electrician?
vansvilla wrote:If you go th the last post of the topic Interior wall Framing then click on the link and you will be taken to the Std.
Putting aside the copyright infringement, the 2001 version of the standard above is out of date and doesn't include the WoF checklist included in the 2008 verion.

Have you tried your local library? The Wellington Public library carries most NZ standards as I understand it. I've never checked to see if that includes the AS/NZS ones.
 #90954  by taffy
 Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:42 pm
Please be aware that unlike your home you are not allowed to carry out any Prescribed Electrical Work in a motorhome/caravan/boat/whatever, even if it's yours unless you are supervised at all times, (if unlicensed). If you are licensed and do not hold a current Practicing license then the same applies. If you do hold a current PL then no worries.

Should you choose to do such work illegally then you are liable to a fine of up $50,000 (currently averaging out around $5-7,000) and you also put any future inspector (for EWoF) in a difficult position as he is legally bound to report any installation not covered by a CoC
Pay with Paymate Express