Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #135362  by The B's Hive
 Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:57 pm
Good to see a positive outcome Chris, you appear to have made the right moves all the way through your ordeal.

The year was 2009 when my PSA was found to be slightly elevated (around 5.0) so a referral was made to the urologist and 18 months & 3 biopsy's later with a reading of 20.0 at this stage the dreaded cancer was found, fortunately still within the prostate. I immediately opted for radical prostatectomy which took place within a couple of months, recovery went according to plan with 3 monthly PSA tests then back to 6 monthly.

Everything was going well until about 18 months later when the PSA started to rise again 2.0 (from .001 after the op), unfortunately there was a very small bit (undetectable by sight during surgery) left in the "bed" where the prostate was, as a result of this I then had to undergo 6 weeks of radiation.

That was 5 years ago and my PSA has been stable at .001.

So guy's don't take it for granted, to many people I knew opted for alternative treatment and sadly they're not here anymore, you only get 1 chance.
 #135365  by Nut17
 Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:09 pm
Thanks for sharing your story Colin, particularly as you have had successful treatment. I am coming up to six weeks since surgery next Tuesday and have healed enough to start riding my bike again :-T Life is almost back on track ;)

Cheers
Chris
 #140635  by Nut17
 Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 am
A visit to my surgeon yesterday as a follow up on recent blood tests to confirm the success of my op. PSA is at the lowest possible reading of 0.01 and my surgeon has said that he will see me in six months. :TU :)
 #140654  by hort1
 Thu May 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Nut17 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 am
A visit to my surgeon yesterday as a follow up on recent blood tests to confirm the success of my op. PSA is at the lowest possible reading of 0.01 and my surgeon has said that he will see me in six months. :TU :)
:TU :TU :TU
 #140658  by petercw
 Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm
Fantastic news Quest keep it up
Pay with Paymate Express