Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #153748  by petercw
 Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:57 pm
Apparently they have started charging vehicles over 15 yrs a new charge of $50 because it takes 15mins longer.. And the staff who do cof are after an increase of\to $25..
Guess others will follow, could be govnt charges too?
This is from discussions on Facebook NZMCA page.
 #153862  by Growlerbearnz
 Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:41 pm
I just phoned VINZ in Mt Wellington and they say that's incorrect, they charge the same regardless of the vehicle's age and haven't heard anything about plans to change the way they charge.

They did say I was the second person to phone today, so at least some people are trying to find out the truth before spreading rumours.
 #153896  by petercw
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:18 pm
From Facebook forum name page..
Screenshot_2019-08-09_121723.jpg
 #153897  by Growlerbearnz
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:45 pm
Righto, I called every VINZ branch. Auckland branches, Wellington, Dunedin, Timaru didn't know what I was talking about.
Hamilton, Nelson, Christchurch (x2), Gore confirmed an extra $50 for vehicles over 15 years.
Palmerston North said it's $50 but only if you're not a "regular customer", but couldn't tell me what their criteria for "regular customer" is.

Looks like it's a new charge but not every branch is doing it yet.
 #153899  by petercw
 Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:36 pm
So who else does cof besides
VINZ
VTNZ
 #153911  by vansvilla
 Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 am
There are a few independent places, Cornish in Henderson, there is a trucking Co in Tokoroa do them.
Those are only 2 I know of. One of the many FB sites starting a list of them. Dont remember which one but will try and find them.
 #153913  by MG366
 Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:38 am
Add another to your list John - when passing thru OAMARU there is an independent - WOF and COF in the new Industrial Park. This is operated by a former tester at what was the town's only offering - a VTNZ sub-branch of the Timaru office. This was a complete rort as Timmers deemed the Oamaru operation a good case for a higher fee as "they had to send staff froi Timaru" All the testers resided in Oamaru. When Timaru got wind of a new operation opening up they reluctantly dropped the price from $168 down to $155 (after Wings discount) I wonder what they charge now as my new man last charged me $125 - and offers a Wings discount. He is also "doing" WOFs now.

So my vote in Oamaru is Martin at 03 437 1201 (he works on appointments but at least you dont have to camp out overnight and coffee is provided

Grant
Pay with Paymate Express