Discussions about the risks of losing the right to freedom camp and how to counter these.
 #127509  by Derb
 Thu May 11, 2017 2:14 pm
It came to me in the middle of the night - the reason we are in this pickle! I am a bloody genius! Over the period of my lifetime, the population of NZ has jumped from 2,164,800 to 4,684,010 yup - over doubled!!!!!!! I suspect we have around the same number of public toilets as in 1955 right now. Actually we likely have less access to toilets as motorists due to all the small Service Stations, Plunket Rooms and railway stations closing up shop. There you have it :TU
 #127519  by muzzanic
 Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 pm
It proves it, You really know you sh_t, Lol

Murray
 #127545  by vansvilla
 Fri May 12, 2017 8:38 am
Then in some areas, Local Bodies need to lock them up at night to prevent the wilfull and wanton destruction of the facility or in other cases they are locked to deter freedom campers from overnight parking.

Here's hoping the extra spend gets to the right place.
 #127682  by Romany Rambler
 Mon May 15, 2017 10:43 pm
I never knew there was such a map! May be it should be put into points of interest on GPS's

Robin
 #127683  by RaymonD
 Mon May 15, 2017 10:46 pm
It does have a number of omissions, no mention of toilets at Lake Rotoiti Rotorua, or Kawerau
 #127684  by Zukiwi
 Mon May 15, 2017 11:14 pm
Derb wrote: I suspect we have around the same number of public toilets as in 1955 right now. Actually we likely have less access to toilets as motorists due to all the small Service Stations, Plunket Rooms and railway stations closing up shop. There you have it
Awww really?? :? I haven't seen too many old public dunnies pulled down. Most that were have been replaced with flasher ones (not "flasher" ones, but flasher ones) and a huge number of new ones have been built. That's one side of the ledger. Very few (say none?) service stations in the 1950s had public dunnies. Now maybe 90%+ do? So even if there has been a reduction in servos, I'm sure there are a hell a lot more of them offering toilets, so more public dunnies overall. But there are many places with insufficient toilets for visitors as travel patterns change.

Cheers
John
Pay with Paymate Express