#101854  by fiddlestiks
 Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:54 pm
Hi there, I have one of these vans as well and the house thermostat controls the heater below the last cupboard at the back. If your heater control is operating the fridge then something has been wired differently I think. Maybe others with thIs setup can shed some light. My fridge is controlled solely by the controller in the fridge it flicks automatically to 240v when plugged into the mains and when on 12v I have a separate switch that can turn it off or on near the battery although this is not standard it was installed by the previous owner. The fridge does cut out if the battery voltage is low though not sure what voltage though as the current battery is stuffed so wasnt running on 12v, I tested by hooking up a different battery and ran fine. Not that this is your problem but maybe your fridge needs a service?
 #101875  by kedmun
 Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm
Neddy wrote:"The only explanation that I can think of is that the "House" thermostat was fitted to control power to a 230v socket dedicated for heater use. Maybe you have plugged the 230v fridge lead into that socket???

Aaaah! I've just found a hidden socket behind the fridge... I've plugged it into that and the fridge is now working regardless of the thermostat! All makes sense now... Thanks for that! :TU

So I'm currently at a site plugged into 240, the fridge is running... Now to see whether it still freezes everything inside... If so, I guess I'll be sourcing a new fridge thermostat or trying to get this one fixed...
 #102311  by kedmun
 Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:53 pm
So, any tips on getting the fridge repaired/getting hold of spares. Tried 4 different people and they either don't deal with them or couldn't get a spare. I called Engel spares (Australian line) and they couldn't sell to me as I'm not a registered sparky and they only had 1 place in Christchurch set up to buy from them...! Why is it so hard! Need to source a new control board and thermistor.

Currently on the West Coast, so if anyone knows anyone in maybe Greymouth that'd be help. Otherwise I'll eventually be back in CHCH so am sure I could find someone there...
 #140835  by Springdaile
 Mon May 21, 2018 9:56 am
Having this problem with my Engel MT40 and it took me awhile to get the right thermistor but I bought mine fromhttps://www.snip-the-tip.com . Basically I mention this because it took me over an hour to find someone who would sell the part, all the links I tried were defunct or they said they were out of stock. But anyway I installed it in the engel and no more freezing as others suggested in bad thermistor being the problem.
Pay with Paymate Express