#36376  by Mark
 Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm
Here is the link
https://docs.google.com/#folders/0B8so2 ... MGZMMXo1QQ

Thanks James.

Nutshell:
Freedom camping is not permitted in any public place except for Council approved freedom camping sites.
Only self contained freedom camping vehicles or caravans can freedom camp in Council approved freedom camping sites.
2 nights - max.

Schedule of council approved freedom camping sites.
No.
Freedom Camping Parking & Time Restrictions
Garden Rd/Matatua Rd car park, Raumati Beach (in front of Raumati Swimming Pool).
Maximum parking for 3 freedom camping vehicles at any one time. Maximum 24 hour time limit for each vehicle.
Marine Parade, Paraparaumu Beach – car park opposite 69 Marine Parade.
Maximum parking for 2 freedom camping vehicles at any one time. Maximum 24 hour time limit for each vehicle.
Marine Parade, Paraparaumu Beach – car park opposite 62 Marine Parade.
Maximum parking for 2 freedom camping vehicles at any one time. Maximum 24 hour time limit for each vehicle.
Marine Parade, Paraparaumu Beach – car park opposite 54 Marine Parade.
Maximum parking for 1 freedom camping vehicle at any one time. Maximum 24 hour time limit for each vehicle.
Waikanae River Mouth at the end of Tutere Street, Waikanae Beach.
Maximum parking for 4 freedom camping vehicles at any one time. Maximum 24 hour time limit for each vehicle.
Waikanae Park, Park Avenue, Waikanae.
Waimea Road beach car park, Waikanae Beach.
Field Way, Waikanae Beach – car park on north side of Waimeha Stream.
Te Horo Beach reserve – in the vicinity of the toilet block.
Maximum parking for 3 freedom camping vehicles at any one time. Maximum 48 hour time limit for each vehicle.
Sims Road, Te Horo – beach reserve north of car park.
Maximum parking for 4 freedom camping vehicles at any one time. Maximum 48 hour time limit for each vehicle.
North Bank, Otaki River, Otaki Beach.
Maximum parking for 6 freedom camping vehicles at any one time. Maximum 48 hour time limit for each vehicle.
The FCA requires councils to allow freedom camping as the default position and to provide a schedule of places where, for given reasons it is NOT allowed. This draft bylaw turns that on it's head by providing a list of 11 places in the district where CSC vehicles may stop: and bans stopping in all other areas, with no reasons given.

It would be good if some of you who know the area could make simple submissions voicing your opposition to the widespread and unjustified (by the council) banning of CSC freedom Camping.

The forum will be doing so, but there is power in numbers :)
 #36392  by razor
 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 pm
The FCA requires councils to allow freedom camping as the default position and to provide a schedule of places where, for given reasons it is NOT allowed
i think this says it all.if freedom camping is allowed then as a csc motorhomer we should have greater priverliges i dont think that the label freedom camper is appropiate after all we dont use tents and as csc motorhomers( the difference is huge) we should be distancing ourselves from this label when fighting for our rights with these councils to park in ower fine country i beleive that education is the answer is to educate these councilors, as stated in another post they didnt understand the csc standard they are voting on our future and they dont understand the full ramifactions. As a full time CSC travler im not going to s*** in my own yard :!:

use this as my submission if it helps
 #36445  by Derb
 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 pm
Yup Fellas - Good idea to distance ourselves from the "Freedom Camping" title. "Certified Self Containment" separates us quite nicely from the fly-by-nighters who mess up our "hood". We have a lot more to lose with our large investment than the back-packing 1 trip renters. I think we deserve far greater consideration for our efforts in being responsible campers. All power to those who are out there pushing our barrows and furthering our cause. Cheers Fellas.
 #41962  by IanS
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:04 pm
As a submitter to the Kapiti DC Freedom Camping Bylaw, I got a message from Kapiti DC saying that the council was considering 3 options at a meeting on 30 August.

1 No bylaw or policy
2 Retain current Freedom camping policy and bylaw
3 New bylaw under Freedom camping Act.

The Council staff were recommending Option 2. The following link will take you to the council papers, or send me a PM if you want me to send you the document.

http://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/Document ... 12-663.pdf

Ian
Last edited by WoodyZ on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Tidied link to document.
Pay with Paymate Express