Motorhomes "on the road". Routes, destinations, POP's, Activities, Employment etc
Forum rules: When posting images, please post only thumbnails that link to your image. This can be achieved using the "Message Board" option in PostImage.
Moderators may remove any images that do not conform with this request without notice.
This is in consideration of those members who have small data caps :-)
 #152512  by Nut17
 Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm
I had this link emailed to me today. How many can you tick off ;) A few of the activities are a little outside my comfort zone and a few others outside our discretionary budget :shock:

https://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/thing ... w-zealand/
 #152552  by Romany Rambler
 Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:45 am
I have only read a small part of the article but was disappointed that their geography is out by thousands of kilometers - Broome is not in NZ the last time I looked.

We have a number of cable bays but none in Broome as far as I know.

Robin
 #152593  by Mark
 Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:59 am
Broome is the only misplacement that I came across.
 #152597  by Mac50L
 Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:59 pm
Here are a few of the bits I spotted without digging deeply -

"The best way to see the Sound is to take a boat cruise. These leave many times a day from Queenstown and Te Anau."
Go by boat from Queenstown? Yes, we might know what it should really say but not as written.

"Cable Bay - This magnificent beach is 6 km west of Broome, and is a 22 km stretch of beautiful white sands."
It is just north of Nelson, there is no sand it is all gravel. I've kayaked there often. Cable Bay - link not found. Then it mentions Gantheaume Point which is in Australia.

"Bay of Islands - The whole area is made up of 144 islands, some of which are scarcely populated, while others are full of small, unique shops."
Err? Islands full of shops? Not when we kayaked and camped there. Islands, maybe 50?

"Once you are on an island, you will be amazed at the terrain, which may range from subtropical rainforest to river and seaside beaches."
Rivers? Rainforest? Which island(s)?

"20. Abel Tasman National Park - Plan to spend a full day enjoying the area, and be sure to take a camera."
If you are going to hike it or kayak it allow a few days. Our longest kayak trip there? Nine days, bottom to top and back. Yes we dawdled.

"23. The Southern Alps - Look out for the great spotted kiwi and the South Island Kaka, both of which can be found near the beech forests.'
Be very lucky to ever spot a kiwi there.

"30. The Moeraki Boulders - Legend says they are the ell baskets"
Ell? Eel?

"35. Mount Cook National Park - However, the only road to the park starts at Twizel and goes directly to Mount Cook Village."
No, the turn off to it is near halfway between Twizel and Tekapo so you can go to it from north or south.

Not 100 things as there are a number there twice such as Omaka, Milford Sound, Mount Cook area etc.

"63. The Marlborough Sounds - They are very popular for sailing, but care must be taken as the currents are fierce, and the waters can be very rough."
Currents? Gentle tidal flows maybe. The only real "fierce" one is outside the Sounds at French Pass. And yes kayaked all around there including through French Pass a couple of times.
 #154736  by Mac50L
 Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:41 pm
The other night I decided to look further and it works out at about one major mistake every three items. They are Americans so what do you expect?

There is another section amongst many -
https://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/best-tool-box/
Very poorly written and one wonders if they have ever actually used the tools described, Halfway down in the "Other Frequently Asked Questions" section -
Sentences describing tools start "This is a kind of ..." One wonders about their education.

Typical -

"Chisel - ....They are mostly used for finishing touches for furniture and anything that looks antique." Oh really?

"Level - The level is a kind of working item that is used for determining the flatness of the surface"
Flatness? How much does that have to do with horizontal which is what they are for?

"Claw Hammer - The claw hammer is important for using and driving the proper nail for woodworking to easily drive nails." Where did the writer learn English?

“Pulling off a nail with a hammer head is easy - It’s not – you have to bend the hammer from side to side in order to give more force for the hammer to pull out the nail, in actual reality.”
What are they talking about?

"Torque wrench - This one is mostly using compressed air or pneumatic power to turn certain bolts and nuts, such as for the wheels of a car or vehicle."
All I've used were not power driven.
 #154741  by mattn
 Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:31 pm
Ahh... That completely explains one of life's most enduring mysteries - Why at tire shops insist on using rattle guns to put the wheel nuts on, and do them up so tight there is no possible way an average person with the car boot tools can change a flat.
 #154751  by Mac50L
 Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 pm
mattn wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:31 pm
Ahh... That completely explains one of life's most enduring mysteries - Why at tire shops insist on using rattle guns ...
Or need to swing 150 ft/lb on a sump nut rated at 30 fp to do an oil change. Supposedly trained mechanics. Don't they teach kids anything?
Pay with Paymate Express