Motorhomes "on the road". Routes, destinations, POP's, Activities, Employment etc
Forum rules: When posting images, please post only thumbnails that link to your image. This can be achieved using the "Message Board" option in PostImage.
Moderators may remove any images that do not conform with this request without notice.
This is in consideration of those members who have small data caps :-)
 #102047  by Mark
 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:09 pm
Post one, Les. :)
 #102106  by Nut17
 Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:19 pm
Well I will keep it going. Yes, I was in a Cessna 172 and we put down on the grass with the other aircraft soon after for a spot of lunch.

#102107  by Rocky
 Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:30 pm
East coast, North Island Chris. :?:
 #102108  by Nut17
 Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:46 pm
:TU
 #102112  by Zukiwi
 Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:42 pm
Looks awfully like Portland Id.
 #102114  by Nut17
 Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:58 pm
Got it right John. I have never set foot on it before, but have been right to the end of Mahia Peninsular with my weed spraying business. A bunch of local aviation enthusiasts from Central Hawkes Bay organised permission to land there last Sunday and I managed to cadge a ride by contributing to the fuel costs. We flew fro Bridge Pa Aerodrome near Hastings direct to the top dressing airstrip on Okepuha Station, where all the pilots and passengers compared notes before heading off to Portland (10 minute hop) for lunch and a whole lot more aviation type banter. Quite a barren desolate wind swept place. 300 Acres which just manages to sustain 300 breeding ewes.
Wonderful way to spend a lazy Sunday.

Another shot of our approach. The Prop got in the way !!
 #102121  by Nut17
 Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:05 am
Ha Ha. Interesting. There is a Cessna 180 that is based at Okepuha Station and belongs to Richard Coop. The Coop family have a long association with Portland Island. The lighthouse keepers house was cut up and barged across to Mahia and reassembled as one of the key holiday homes at Mahia Beach. Richards parents have now retired to live permanently in this beautifully restored beach front home. They also have the original diesel generator power plant complete with its original building set up at Okepuha as a back emergency power supply. Richard regularly flies to the island for the excellent diving opportunities - plentiful Paua and Crayfish, so there is an excellent chance that the plane on Google Earth is ZK RWC heading to or from one of his island adventures.
Here we are gathered at Okepuha airstrip prior to heading to the island.
Pay with Paymate Express