Cooking, baking, cleaning, loo pongs etc
 #151842  by TC_Travels
 Fri May 31, 2019 9:03 am
What would be a typical water consumption for a short shower?

I am trying to establish what water capacity I would need if not staying where water/ablutions are available.

Any other practical suggestions for conserving water would be much appreciated.

Thanks
 #151844  by Andycap
 Fri May 31, 2019 9:25 am
Hi , we , step in shower ,water on and wet down ,water off . =15 seconds . Soap hair /body wash ,Turn water on and rinse off = 40/50 seconds . Not luxury but your clean and fresh . Water used approx 10/12 lts .
 #151845  by Growlerbearnz
 Fri May 31, 2019 9:59 am
Agree with Andy- a navy shower uses about 10-15 litres for us too. (2 showers use about half the 40l rollaway tank).

When freedom camping (no on-site water) we can get it down to 5-8l by soaping up and rinsing off with a wet flannel, but it's not as nice.
 #151847  by Derb
 Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm
Hi Folks. We find 180 litres and 2 cassettes last the two of us one week with short showers. Wiping greasy dishes with paper towels before using dish water saves heaps of water. Running the shower water into a pot until hot and saving for cups of tea rather than running that cold water down the drain.
 #151848  by NeilV
 Fri May 31, 2019 1:45 pm
Water use can be calculated by multiplying the pump flow (mines 10L/min) by the time used (2 mins is 20L for me and 5 mins is 50L for my wife :lol: )

“Navy showers” is wet/off while soaping/ rinse, and can be done quite easily in 15-20L, conservatively in 10L.

A key idea if space or weight are an issue is fitting a lower spec pump (5L/min will HALVE my above comments) but gives a very weak flow.

Others have added the ‘super saver’ shower heads that promise by adding air to maximise feel and reduce use simultaneously... though your mileage may vary :TU
 #151851  by petercw
 Fri May 31, 2019 2:54 pm
In our MH recently sold we had 110l water in the tank for 4 to 5 days of shower and washing dishes with, but we caught the shower water in the heat up until warm then a quick shower from a gas unit. The run of caught water is the dishes washer water heated up in a pot and dish washed in a large jug not the sink. For drinking and coffee we had a separate 15ltrs thru a bench tap as this is drunk and goes in the toilet as "rented water".
All this we came to over 9 years of relazing that water is precious..
Pay with Paymate Express