Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #102255  by Ross
 Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:59 am
Jeez Mark; I go away for a few years and you go and do this :o ;) :)
And good on you. The only thing worse than being dispensable is being indispensable : :)
You have done an extraordinary job with this extraordinary forum and of course we cannot imagine it without you at the wheel. But somehow we will survive and the forum will survive; because it meets a big need. You are entitled to do other things and escape from this monster you created. Succession planning or lack of it is the downfall of many an enterprise. You are doing all the right things to give us the best chance, and then hopefully you get to let go and open a new chapter of your own.
The way you are going about this is typical of your approach to the whole thing in the first place which is why this forum has survived and strengthened when others have come and gone. And why you have the respect of us all.
:TU
 #102268  by Mark
 Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:20 pm
Crikey, Ross. I've been missing you. If I'd know you were coming back, if would never have handed in my notice ;)

For those of you who don't know, Ross was the forum's first real member. He discovered us (me) when the only posts on the forum were a couple of fake Q&As between me and my alter-ego, Kerry. He told a few of his motorhoming friends and put a link on his blog and that's what started it all. Davcar was there from the start, too.

And you are far too kind with your words, but Thank you.
 #102653  by Mark
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:26 pm
ANNOUNCEMENT

I am delighted to be able to tell you all that the future of the Forum is in good hands.

I met with Chris Nuttall (Nut17) and his wife Marg (margnut) over the weekend and we shook hands on an agreement for the forum to change hands on 31 March 2016.

Chris has been an active part of the forum since mid 2009 and I'm relieved to be able to leave it in such capable hands. Chris has wisdom (and a gold card to prove it ), is a gentleman and possesses a tonne of common sense - he also has a supportive wife in Marg :)

Chris will assume Administrator permissions immediately (so, watch it!) and, of course, is now a member of The Crew.

Welcome to your new role as mayor-in-waiting, Chris. (The role has also been referred to as "benign dictator")
I'm sure you are the right person to take the Forum forward into the next era. This feels very "right" to me :)
 #102656  by muzzanic
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm
This is fantastic news, very happy to see the forum is going to be in great hands. :TU :D

Niki.
 #102657  by Doit
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:47 pm
Thanks to all the hard work you have put in to the forum over the years Mark, Chris and Marg have a well oiled and maintained machine to carry on with.

Congratulations on your new roles Chris and Marg, and thanks for guaranteeing the forum a future.

We will try to be nice.
 #102660  by WoodyZ
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:32 pm
Chris and Marg have the support of this member of the Crew. Welcome
 #102662  by RaymonD
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:45 pm
WoodyZ wrote:Chris and Marg have the support of this member of the Crew. Welcome
And this Moderator :)
 #102665  by Andrew and Debbie
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:58 pm
Congratulations on your new job on the Forum, Chris and Marg.

I am sure that the Forum is in great hands and will continue to be a great source of information.

Regards
Andrew

(Goes away to check on definition of 'gentleman' ! :-T
Pay with Paymate Express