Fitting out your motorhome: All the trades
 #118212  by tompo
 Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:35 pm
Having just purchased our first motorhome have no idea how to get TV working. Can play a DVD but not able to get satellite picture. Previous owner said works well. Have a Winegard Dish which was installed by reputable firm. Have Googled basic info and assume TV has built in freeview? Also have a green (when turned on) switch beside plug for TV? What is it likely to be for? Any help would be greatly appreciated
 #118221  by Zukiwi
 Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:08 pm
First thing to establish is what brand/model TV it is. Then, does it have built-in freeview or need a set-top box? And if the latter, does it actually have it and is it connected?

Do you know how to tune in the dish? If not, do you have the instructions? Correct azimuth and elevation for your locality is essential (lots of advice from a forum search here).

Is the TV selected to the correct setting for TV pickup (if freeview it should be DVBS - not intuitive)? Maybe you just need to switch it over from DVD?

All these things can be googled or advice sought from the distributor. Maybe just call the previous owner, if that fails, get back to us here again.

Cheers
John
 #118229  by petercw
 Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:38 am
First you must hv the dish in the right direction and elevation. Sometimes you may need to adjust the elevation to allow for slight off angle of the ground are parked on.
Your dish may be auto or if it's manual you need to know your settings as stated above. If the "no signal" in the screen is moving around the screen you close to the satellite setting.
If when in menu you only get the small picture then press the stop/play button on remote down in the bottom LHS area.
Once you master the signal setting you will be fine.
 #118230  by johnny
 Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:56 am
i suggest you find the local NZMCA group from the Magazine and
visit them or any close group having a rally this weekend etc.
There will be of people , who will show you all you need to know.
 #146825  by Marcelo
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:24 pm
Hi Tompo,
Wondering what you did to fix this issue. I just bought my first caravan as well and I am facing exactly the same issue.
Cheers
Marcelo
Pay with Paymate Express