#149317  by Waymad
 Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:21 pm
For those about to renew their EWOF, my experience may be useful. Baby Bailey is a 2015 model, purchased new, and has just fallen off the end of its first 4-year EWOF.

- Dual battery had been installed inside the 'van. I moved this some time ago, by extending the battery compartment and having both batteries end-on into the space. Plus did a proper parallel wiring setup. Inspector was appalled that the 'van had been supplied with an interior-vented battery box in the first place. Details here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12765&hilit=parall ... ry#p146697

- Inspector took one look at the unsheathed 230v cabling, and requested that every such cable be sheathed. Split loom 10mm tube (Jaycar) has been the answer, and some more cable ties and anchors to tidy up the runs. Plus I decided to create a conduit for one run which goes through an underbench load carry space, from 12x35mm rimu and a 3mm ply top. This is a cleaner solution, because there were 2 x 230V cables plus the main control cabling run, to sheath, and one neat conduit was better than three individual split-loom-tube sheaths.

- Caravan, as delivered had 2 x 230V outlets above the bench, unswitched. Replaced by a standard switched single 230V plate.

- Fridge had a 230V switched outlet screwed to the floor in the middle of a usable cupboard space. Moved this to adjacent wall, thus freeing up storage space (always at a premium in a small 'van).

In doing this work, there have been side benefits:
- better use of cupboard etc space
- Tidier runs everywhere
- Dual batteries have balanced charge and are easily accessible for electrolyte etc checks.
 #149604  by Waymad
 Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:51 pm
And, best of all, passed the EWoF, including a proper series of actual RCD etc tests (inspector used a Clipsal automated test rig) - very thorough.
 #149614  by Sarmajor
 Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:18 am
Sound like a good solution to your issues.
With regard to the use of a fancy tester for the RCD and getting the test results;
The only requirement is to use the push to test button and prove that the RCD disconnects all active conductors. This can be proved with a simple multimeter.
The fancy tester will NOT prove disconnection of all active conductors.
Pay with Paymate Express