#148660  by EmmaD
 Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:47 am

Is there a place that keeps a record of gas certs at all? We sold our caravan and can't find the gas cert that came with it. The person we purchased of a few years ago can't remember who would have done the certification. Wanting to get a copy for the person we've sold the caravan to.
 #148672  by Minnie
 Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:40 pm
EmmaD wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:12 am
Managed to find it myself :D

https://www.energysafety.govt.nz/energy ... sk-db/home
Only sort of.

The High Risk register is not the certification but a record of some of the details that were included in the certification.

But if you can find the High Risk record for your van (sometimes it is registered under the rego number and sometimes the VIN), it will tell you who the gasfitter was.

You can then ask the gasfitter for the certification. He has a legal obligation to keep records for seven years and a legal obligation to supply the certification to you within 7 days of making the request.

You may have to go to the Plumbers Board register to find some contact details for the gasfitter:
 #148806  by canfixltd
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:28 pm
finding a gas safety cert, the law today requires all gas work to be done by a licensed gas fitter and on completion of any job as finished itthe gas fitter must produce Gas Safety Cert (GSC) by a licensed gas fitter like myself. a GSC stay current until anything regarding gas has any work done to it at which time a new GSC must be created.
gas work is in a number sections High, general and low risk, which is called GSC, CoC & endorsement, or combination they of, a gas fitter knows which applies to which job, only high and general risk work is required to be files with Energy safety which you can look up and low which covers maintenance type work is generally low risk but not always, but it is spelled out in the standards, all "GSC" must be held in files by the licensed gas fitter for 7 years, as well as all other cert and codes of compliance. these rules are reasonable new and they will be a lot of question regarding this so it is a good thing that people are asking question. if you have a question regarding your gas system in a caravan or motorhome, it is in your best interest to have it checked by a licensed person, if it is all good you will get a GSC and it would be a good idea to also pass on a copy of any new GSC to your insurance company for them to file too. they do not ask for it but it clearly shows your gas is safe and you have had it checked.
Pay with Paymate Express