Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
 #97468  by Mark
 Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:56 pm
Wasn't expecting an email from them, Grant, but I did think that they might pop up some sort of "notification" window or something.
Have looked for new updates, but there appears to be nothing there.
I'll bet all you early adopters have gone and disabled file sharing :-T
 #97472  by scubadoo
 Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:19 pm
Mark

A normal Windows update will (should) eventually offer the Windows 10 update when Microsoft eventually gets around to your PC.

One of these may get you started earlier.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10
 #97490  by Mark
 Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:31 am
Thanks Neville.

Not in a tearing hurry, but I am a bit miffed not to be included in the first echelon.
I thought I might have been covered in the first lot under my "Admin" name and then it seems the "Howard" came and went. Now I've even missed the "Mark" boat :o :-T

Going to be away a bit over the next month, so if they're still ignoring me by the end of August, I'll look at that link you posted (or maybe bite the bullet and convert to Linux (are you listening, MS?) :-T )
 #97501  by mattn
 Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:46 am
..... "Something Happened" .....

I downloaded the install file as I could not be bothered waiting. Ran the install, clicked "update now" and "BANG", up she goes... That is the full and total error message I got. I am used to Microsoft having a bit more detail, so after laughing out loud at their sense of humor, off I went to uncle Google to get help. Its actually a simple fix - use Control panel / Region and set your local to US (English), restart computer and it worked (for me anyway).
 #97502  by Karmann57
 Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:03 am
Mark wrote:Wasn't expecting an email from them, Grant, but I did think that they might pop up some sort of "notification" window or something. :-T
Mark, if you click on that windows icon at bottom right where you reserved your update, it will tell you the status of the download and whether it is ready to be updated.
 #97507  by Mark
 Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:29 am
Yeah, thanks.
My PC is "almost" ready, they say.
 #97509  by NeilV
 Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:32 pm
I didn't bother reserving a place, just downloaded the Ian installer and did the 'upgrade' flawlessly on a 2 year old HP laptop... It's the usual Microsoft way, win 10 is what 8 was meant to be!

As Nike say... Just Do It
 #97553  by Nut17
 Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:37 am
My Windows 10 upgrade is happening as I type.
Pay with Paymate Express