#152725  by Mark
 Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:40 pm
All good, Andy.
Thanks for your interest and advice :)

I didn't say too, part of the reason for adding adhesive to the mix was because I didn't encounter any aluminium framing that would have give a bit more strength to the installation.
 #152857  by Mark
 Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:03 am
:D
Depending on the size of the table, there can be quite a bit of leverage.
To be taken into account when playing "Snap"!!
 #153176  by Andycap
 Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:19 am
Hi ,leverage was the main problem i had with the Lagun ,SWMBO allways used the table edge to help get up ,pointing out that she already had `sturdy` legs to do this didn`t garner me any brownie points though ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #153180  by Mark
 Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:17 am
I've yet to see if this will be a problem with us. (shouldn't be: she's a X country runner!)
Table top being made next week.
 #154107  by Mark
 Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:15 pm
In case anyone is interested in the changes I have made to the standard Dreamtime lounge layout.
There used to be a "cafe-style" table (fixed to the left hand wall) and seats (with associated leg space) and a hole to the right, under the rear seat. Not sure what that was for.
P1100572.JPG
I had been going to do a more elaborate conversion making the left-hand bed space wider but Kathy assured me the existing width would be sufficient for her.

That made it a lot easier. All I had to do was install the missing part of the bed platform where the table was (using the cut-down table) and install a flap there to provide closed storage.
20190818_160718.jpg
For the "hole" at the back, I elected to have a drawer made. It just slides on the carpet, but locks behind an angle iron bar fixed across the front top of the hole.
20190818_160745.jpg
My only "mistake" was in thinking that the table pedestal was a gas filled job, which would allow me to lower it to a level just proud of the top of the seat squabs (to hold coffee mugs - or, more likely, wine glasses) at a conveniently low level. The pedestal turns out to be just a mechanical spring-loaded affair, with two positions: Up and Down. Although there is a lot of adjustment to be had in the table top horizontal plane, both back-and-forth and rotating.
 #154115  by vansvilla
 Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:11 am
Thanks for those photos and description.
Hoped you enjoy the skiing :D
Pay with Paymate Express