#156441  by rawill
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:01 am
Hi Admin
Hope this is in the right place.

The above truck has corner lights that are supposed to come on when the lights are on, and the indicator is activated.

They worked when I bought the truck, but have stopped working, I have fitted new bulbs, one was blown, and replaced the other which had rusted but worked at the last COF.

Now neither work.

Does any one know where I should start looking to find the source of the issue, all fuses seem fine, but I may have missed something, it has been known!!

Robin
 #156444  by BUSRSQ
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:43 am
do they come on as park lights ?
Turning lights are not a COF check so as long as you have park lights then you will be OK
Nissan Trucks and Buses have issues with the contacts rusting and then losing contact with the bulbs. only way around that is to buy new units.
I have done a "MOD" to the indicators on one of my older Nissan Buses ( now on sold) it was to remove the bulb holder and solder in a LED light ( I used one of the wee Hella marker bulbs) and then refit the outer cover so it looks stock but has the brighter and more robust LED in there
 #156445  by rawill
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:14 pm
Hi thank you.

No they do not operate as park lights.

The bulbs have both been replaced, so they should work, I am looking to see the source of the lights, so I can figure out why they don't work.

I only want to get them sorted, so the COF man does not mention them again as he did last time.
Yes I have been told they are not a COF item, yes it does have park lights.

But I do like what is supposed to work, to work as it should.

Many thanks
 #156454  by BUSRSQ
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:13 pm
Have a close look at the contacts I can bet that they are no longer have enough spring in them to form a reliable contact
check that they have voltage in the wiring loom behind the units ( if so can guarantee that it is the above)
they operate via a relay that requires an input from both the indicators and the park light system

If it is not a COF item why would your cof man mention it, not really any off his business if they work or not
 #156456  by rawill
 Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Thank you.

You are right about the COF man.

I took off the indicator light switch covers, and checked it, sprayed some contact spray in there, to see if that helped.

Do you know where the relay is mounted, and do you know if there is a separate fuse.
This is a Japanese import, so it has been trial and error attempting to figure out what fuses do what.

Many thanks for your help.

Rbn
Pay with Paymate Express