Introduce yourselves here
Forum rules: This part of the forum is only for new members to introduce themselves and for them to be welcomed. Please click on "NEW TOPIC" to introduce yourselves. I know it's tempting to "get right on with it" but, if you have questions on a specific topic you should post them in the appropriate place :-)
 #154481  by Theflugges
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 pm
Hi everyone we are Richard and Eva Flugge we are selling the business and farm buying a motor home and going to live on the road so any advice on what to buy or any pit falls would be much appreciated thank you very much for any help you can give us😁👍
 #154591  by Sennid
 Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm
Hi, good move,, try lots of motorhomes before you buy. Best of luck
 #154972  by Abc176
 Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:31 am
Hi there everyone. New member obviously. Bart 53yr bloke with a 7yr old son. Currently have an ex rental 2007 Mitsubishi canter 4 berth pretty much how we bought it 4yrs ago added solar panel tv DVD combo, made our own thermal blinds as we spend a lot of time up the mountain skiing and overnight in the top carpark at Turoa. Got some chains made after we got stock one night lol.

Currently doing my homework as I have this idea to go much larger with a view to Perkins the living later when I chuck work in.

Saw a really awesome 12m hino box body truck on trademe that had been converted to Motorhome. It sold before I got a chance to pester the owner.

So now looking to buy a hino 8 wheeler box body truck myself and convert. Just doing my homework to see if it’s financially viable. What I’ve come up with so far in my rough budget is

$100k purchase price of truck
$10 to $12k for kitchen
$3k for bathroom
$12k for solar system
$2k wood burner
$2k for tanks

Now looking for places that do slideouts to get a rough price to do one for the back where the container doors are which will be full width master. And a sofa sized one for the lounge.

I’m lucky in that I have engineer mates and am pretty mechanical minded can do wiring and plumbing myself and am leaning towards a tounge and groove timber interior as I can probably handle a lot of that myself. Have a mate who’s a builder who can get me started and help me out and also use his trade account to keep prices down.

I’ve got a small transport business so have all the truck classes of licence and drive trucks for a living anyway.

So yeah that’s about it. Any advice from others who have been there and done it before greatly appreciated.
Pay with Paymate Express