Events, both motorhoming and cultural around the country
 #155228  by Derb
 Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:17 am
Hell of a crowd here at Horahora by the lake. Was a slow crawl through here in the dark last night to find a park. Andrew and Debbie managed to find us even later😁.
 #155232  by Nut17
 Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:56 am
If it is anything like yesterday there will be a bit of bedlam where up to five rows of RVs have to condense into a single row to wind down the hill to the check in point. There was an element of "argy bargy" and the occasional heated exchange noted. Our timing was great as we are parked less than 50 metres from the main display pavilion. :) :TU
 #155301  by Nut17
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:55 pm
Made it back home this afternoon after sharing the Mystery Creek Event Centre with 1597 other rigs. The weather was stunning and the show was very professional but still maintained a great relaxed atmosphere. We did have a small shopping list which largely went unfulfilled but we did enjoy a very social catch up with a lot of like minded friends as well as finally putting our new van to the test - with both of us ;) :TU My dodgy hip kept me from spending too much time on my feet, but the majority of the sites large and small appeared to be doing very brisk business.
Attachments
IMG_4345 (2).JPG
IMG_4344 (2).JPG
IMG_4342 (2).JPG
 #155321  by Derb
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:19 pm
Oh - there was a lot of “big money” changing hands alright! It will be very interesting to see what the final sales figures are after all the final orders are taken and deposits are banked. It goes to show - put on the right show at the right venue with the right parking and the buyers will turn up. The great weather was an added bonus👍
Pay with Paymate Express