Events, both motorhoming and cultural around the country
 #75868  by Nut17
 Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:13 pm
We arrived at the paddock opposite gate 2 about midday only to find that the farmer has sold it to the event centre and is no longer available for motor homes and caravans. We were lucky to secure a spot in the small paddock right next door, by the farmers house. This paddock will be chocker block by mid afternoon today, so there will be a few frustrated motor-homers around tomorrow :? There is a small paddock near gate 4 that was organised by NZMCA (I think), but that is all ready full.

12 deg C and light rain. - forecast for the next three days is for things to get even worse. Definitely "Souwester and Red Bands) weather :-|
 #75869  by WoodyZ
 Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:20 pm
The weather has made my mind up for me, definitely won't be heading over the hill for it this year.
 #75871  by Roamnz
 Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 pm
Chris, with that weather forecast for Mystery Creek looks like my new gumboots will be bought at the place 'where everyone gets a bargain!' No rain in Taupo since you left this morning. ;)
 #75875  by Nut17
 Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:27 pm
I think you should go to Farmlands and buy a proper pair of Gumboots Skellerup "Red Bands".Those cheapies from the Big Red Shed perish very quickly. :(

The rain has steadily got heavier as the afternoon has gone on and we have been entertained by a continuous line of motor homes getting bogged, then towed. Some interesting antics :lol:
 #75878  by idex
 Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:12 pm
If any Forum members need somewhere to park up over the next few days, we have room for a few. We are at Tamahere, about 5km from the Fieldays site and you would need a car or some other transport to get there. Water available, but no power or waste disposal on site. No charge.

If interested, please send us a PM.
 #75883  by DerekB
 Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:59 pm
I hope you're getting some pictures to share. I enjoy watching the minor 'disasters' and how people handle it.
Must be like watching the boat ramps at the lakes :lol:
 #75980  by Nut17
 Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:29 am
Sorry, did not take any pictures, but today will not be without it's share of drama as although we had a fine day with sunshine yesterday, the rain set in about 3.30pm and has not let up all night. There will be quite a few departing today, including us.

The parking has not turned out so badly as the farmer has opened up another paddock behind his house and the overflow of vans have been lining up in there.

Just been called out to tow the first van out. Did it no worries, but it is going to cut up quite badly so I think we will get on our way shortly before it all turns to custard.

Marg took a short video of the action, but it is on her i Phone and I cannot work out how to get the link on here. :?
 #76189  by mobilehouseoffun
 Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:58 pm
We were parked up at the POP stop between gate 2 and gate 3, a few got stuck but not to bad. The worst I saw was a guy with an 8 metre bus stop out front then turn hard left and take out the letterbox, The letterbox was on a decent sized post but after 3 attempts to flatten said letterbox he drove off up the road. All in all a cold wet few days but that's standard for field days. We met a lot of very nice people and had a lot of laughs which is what life is all about. Hope to see you all next year. Mark and Leanne
Pay with Paymate Express