#98333  by Roamnz
 Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:29 am
This scone recipe is so easy and ideal for the caravan or motorhome as no messy rolling out with flour everywhere if you bake like I do! This recipe makes 12 large scones ( I use a large swiss roll tin that fits exactly in the top of the gas oven) or cut the recipe in half and make it into six large scones or eight smaller scones. Best eaten on the day or you can freeze them for later use, if any left over.

2½ cups self-raising flour
2½ cups grated tasty cheese
2 cups (600g) greek yoghurt
Preheat your RV gas oven to as high as it will go or normal household oven to 200 ̊C fanbake and line an oven tray with baking paper.

Combine flour and 2 cups cheese in a bowl, adding a little salt if you like. Add yoghurt and bring together with a knife to make a soft dough.

Drop 12 scoops onto prepared tray for large scones or 20 for medium sized scones (as in photo) sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cooked through and golden (15-20 minutes).

In the smaller gas oven you may need to turn the tray after 12 minutes, or possibly flip the scones over to brown the bottoms, depending on your oven. It took some trail and error to get this right in our gas oven, but very quick and easy now. Great for lunch with a cup of soup or anytime!

#98349  by FlyingKiwiGirl
 Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:01 pm
Yum! Well they look yum, I'm not actually a fan of cheese scones but I will eat them if they're there- it's weird because I like cheese and I like scones just not together. Nice and easy recipe, I'll have to give them a go. Thanks Smillie.
 #98355  by markandirene
 Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:49 pm
Just got Irene to whip some up for lunch Smillie and Shellie. YUM!
 #99083  by Nut17
 Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 pm
Well I can now personally give this recipe the :TU Marg has successfully mastered the gas oven in our new caravan and has whipped up a couple of batches now and they definitely hit the spot.

Thanks Smillie, now to throw a leg over the bike to work them off !!!
Pay with Paymate Express