#4249  by chilli
 Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:07 pm
I don't know where you are but North Island New World have Wolf Blass "Eaglehawk" Cab sav and Merlot on special for $7.99---very good value AND tastes good. Aussie reds at that price are hard to beat.
 #4254  by Roamnz
 Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:35 pm
My friend Marg ( Sighteer ) will vouch for South African Obikwa Shiraz on special often at supermarkets for $5.99 to $7.99. ;)
 #4280  by don.robinson
 Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:52 pm
I can also vouch for OBIKWA at 5.99.

It is a special pursuit of ours to chase reasonable wine for less than 10.00 per bottle.
 #4286  by Sightseer
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 am
Yes, the Obikwa Shiraz is fine. I also bought another Obikwa red but can't remember what variety and when I was at the checkout the lady behind me said she had tried it and found it made her feel real strange and she won't touch it again. But she did like the Shiraz and Sav Blanc - as do I! I've been too scared to try the 'other' red!
 #16466  by Willys Way
 Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:01 pm
I cant believe that you drink that cheap awfull wine, You need to try Pinot noir any of the central otago area or any S I wine it is much better I didnt drink red wine before because I always tried the cheap stuff thought it was yuk, but after picking grapes this year I now have a taste for the lovely Pinot Noirs. I will introduce them to you one day.

Pam.
 #16574  by Commander
 Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:59 pm
I am no wine snob... It either tastes good or it doesnt.. Price is important and if it is cheap AND it tastes good then it is a bonus.. I like Queen Adelaide merlot.. cheap at $9 a bottle and often cheaper...
Foodtown often have specials on wine that fall into the taste good category....
Clive
 #16578  by Tyme Out
 Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:48 pm
I have to agree with Willy's Way the Pinot Noir wine are great. I never liked reds until I tried the Pinot Noir. :lol: The Central Otago is especially good but expensive and the Marlborough ones are just as good but a lot cheaper and at the moment the Supermarkets have lots of good specials. Sandra
 #50204  by Grape Escape
 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 pm
Having come from a background in the viticulture and wine industry I can say that the best wine of any colour is the one you enjoy drinking at a price you can afford and it doesnt matter whether its out of a bottle or a box as long as you drink it out of a glass. Lets face it we need some decorem.
Pay with Paymate Express