#6840  by Roamnz
 Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 pm
Blatantly copied from the Oz Caravanersforum recipe page, a number of people have made this cake and of course the variations suggested are numerous. For instance, instead of all milk, half and half with Brandy, or omit the milk and replace with half or three quarters orange juice and half or quarter dark rum. All methods appear to have received rave reviews from the taste testers ;)

3 ingredient Fruit Cake..................

750g mixed fruit

600ml chocolate milk (or iced coffee)

2 cups SR Flour

put the fruit in a bowl and pour the choc milk over it. Leave it to soak in the frig overnight.

In the morning fold in the flour and bake at 180 (160 fan forced) for about an hour

Enjoy :)
 #6845  by Soots
 Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:06 pm
Sounds yum! Especially the brandy or the rum :D
 #6847  by WoodyZ
 Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:58 pm
I guess if you were really in a hurry, you could leave out the cooking and the other ingredients and just use the rum :mrgreen:
 #6850  by prada
 Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:23 pm
Going to have to try this cake the husband said he will be the tester,he is so helpful :roll: he does not need much encouragement to eat a fruit cake :lol:
 #6930  by Christine
 Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:40 pm
Sounds really good...maybe for the tipplers out there, Baileys or Kahlua, instead of chokky milk??? Winter warmer..
 #7150  by nyrod
 Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:26 pm
**laughing** woodyz ..... sounds great to me, but use a full bottle of spirits, measure out the amount for cake ..... then put cake in to cook .... thro the lid away and warm up with drinks while you wait.
 #7155  by WoodyZ
 Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:22 pm
I did bake this last weekend using a rum variation - very nice it was too.
Pay with Paymate Express