Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #9688  by Anne Barrett
 Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:27 pm
Is it just me or do others find a certain toilet paper advert annoying, to say the least. :evil: It (the toilet paper) purports to be environmentally-friendly with the TV ads showing a bear in the woods using the product. I feel the advertising gives the wrong impression ie that if you use that particular brand of paper, it's ok to do your business behind a tree. :?
Quite some time ago I emailed the company to express my opinion of their advert - no reply - and now it's not only one bear doing his business, he's brought along his whole damn family. :o
Well that's my rant for this evening. :x
Cheers
Anne
 #9689  by jimandsue
 Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:34 pm
It's true - great minds do think alike - BUT if a bear came knocking on your bus door wanting to use your thetford would you let him (or her) in or offer a roll of Purex to go anywhere else but. :roll:
 #9692  by Nut17
 Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:39 am
Luckily, bears are a bit thin on the ground in these parts so we shouldn't have much difficulty in educating them on the importance of maintaining our clean green image.

It's the two legged bush walkers who need the education :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers Chris
 #9693  by WoodyZ
 Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:07 am
I have seen a bear doing his business and he didn't even go behind a tree. The woods were nearby though. :D
 #9695  by Ross
 Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:21 am
My all-time favourite Larsen cartoon is his one of the bear sewage system - a big pipe from the woods into someone's living room. :o :) :shock:
I've only just realised that one of the levels of a brilliant cartoon is pondering the question of what if bears didn't **** in the woods...
 #9712  by bazzanz
 Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:23 pm
Anne wrote:Quite some time ago I emailed the company to express my opinion of their advert - no reply - and now it's not only one bear doing his business, he's brought along his whole damn family. :o
Cheers
Anne
Sounds very much like it could be pooh bear that is the culprit!
 #9713  by Nut17
 Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:57 pm
bazzanz wrote:
Anne wrote:Quite some time ago I emailed the company to express my opinion of their advert - no reply - and now it's not only one bear doing his business, he's brought along his whole damn family. :o
Cheers
Anne
Sounds very much like it could be pooh bear that is the culprit!

I was waiting for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Chris
Pay with Paymate Express