Fitting out your motorhome: All the trades
 #136839  by rawill
 Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm
As John said, said re tyre pressures.

I need 100 psi, hence I usually go to a truck tyre place.
So far they have not charged me, but I sometimes carry a compressor that will "top up" if needed.

But if I run into trouble I am going to call some tyre place, I am over trying to do big heavy stuff.

However, if you do not need high air pressure, the fittings in the above links will do it you, I one in my workshop.
 #163487  by Sprinter-Virgin
 Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:14 am
I had that issue, found that at service stations could only inflate inner wheel. Ended up at 'Carters Tyre' who said check with them before any long trip, inflated for free. Carters also inflated tyres to 5psi above spec. never looked back.
 #163537  by David McIntyre
 Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:08 pm
I take my 5.7 ton Canter to Carters, they top up for free, but got sick of the long wait times to be done.
So bought my own compressor from Supercheap, and a 10m hose, and the same fitting as shown above.
Canters tyres are 85/90psi, so service stations can never do that.
Most service stations are 60psi max.
 #164275  by Mark
 Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:29 pm
Ryobi sell an inflator in their "One" series (share battery).
It has two modes:
High volume low pressure (good for kayaks air mattresses etc)
Low volume high pressure (good for tyres) This mode goes over 100psi.
Takes very little room and is cheap -especially if you already have the battery :)
Pay with Paymate Express