Discussions about the risks of losing the right to freedom camp and how to counter these.
 #155534  by Andycap
 Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:36 pm
Hi ,as a local i can say that i`ve used it and find no problem although extra care is needed . It has been changed during the course of construction and at least is now off the road . The `pull in` is at top of road kerb height and yes it does rise a bit towards the dump point . Width of` pull in`is 2.9m which is only just adequate. Top of dump surround concrete is a further 140mm above this .,not ideal but NZMCA advise was sought in the design stage i have been informed when i queried its first position etc .i do not frequent F-book so will not comment on any of that .Pics attached ,i hope .The pull in where the vehicle is parked i don`t thin is council ground for this but i would expect it will be used until stopped ,i may clarify this with council .
Attachments
DSCF3292.JPG
DSCF3291.JPG
DSCF3290.JPG
 #155537  by Andycap
 Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:05 pm
Hi ,ref LEESTON dump station ,i`ve just clarified with council as regards using the higher area at the rear of the dump point to park and use and thats ALL OK. , no problems with getting in there now .Andy .
 #155543  by Nut17
 Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:29 pm
So, I take it that is the loop road that has the ute and trailer in your photos Andy?
 #155546  by Andycap
 Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:39 pm
Hi ,yes quite correct Chris ,use that or park in front on the new bitumen.There is a good fall from up there down into the dump point so should empty tanks well .Council guy i spoke to was most helpfull and happy to talk again if any other concerns arise . Cheers Andy .
 #155555  by Nut17
 Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:02 am
We just need Christchurch City to get on board and install a few to replace the ones they have closed down.
Pay with Paymate Express