#173288  by Paul-Carter
 Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:07 pm
The hose in the kit is hard as you say looks to me like air tubing. They supply short lengths of what I would consider conventional rubber reinforced fuel hose as joiners that the hard tube just slips inside so there are two connections everywhere that there could be just one and the tube is just pushed up inside the rubber tube, no possibility of a clamp I could envision the "pulsing" together with perhaps a small amount of diesel contamination in between the tube and the rubber lubricating the joint and spitting the tube out of the rubber hose.
 #173299  by Derb
 Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:25 am
Our Eberspatcher D2 has 7 years of continuous use now without any issues regarding the fuel piping or connections. During winter it gets set to 20 degrees and left on from the time we hit the road until we get home. It serves as my “Donga” whilst I am away doing my shift run and ensures the caravan is warm when I get back from night shift. A great little heater.
 #173304  by David Wallace
 Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:10 pm
Hi Derb. We have a Propex LPG heater in our 2011 Southern Star. Was your diesel heater factory fitted or did you swap out the Propex heater? I would be interested to know where the diesel tank is mounted and is a removable so it can be filled? Cheers David.
 #173318  by Derb
 Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:06 pm
Hi David. We insisted that no heater, batteries or solar panels were fitted by Leisureline on our build as I did not want their cheap wet cell batteries and solar controller, inadequate solar installation or noisy cheap gas heater installed and wished to arrange my own. Had I realised how bad the tanks were oriented I would have bought it sans tanks also. I got Coastal Caravans and Motorhomes to install the 3 x 150 watt panels and CTEC controller and charger, fitted 2x AGM batteries and also they fitted the diesel heater. One of the better decisions I made. A yellow/tall 20 litre plastic tank from Supercheap forms the tank which is fitted in the front boot. So cheap to run👍. You are welcome to check out the fit or ring me. PM me if you wish to. I could possibly give you a heads-up on other changes we made to improve life with our van. Cheers.
 #173325  by thecapt
 Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:03 am
Yes i made the mistake of shortening the fuel line on my heater on installation Big mistake.
After many emails to China problem solved.
Never shorten the fuel line as this length is what determines the pulse rate from the fuel pump
Pay with Paymate Express