#174317  by David Wallace
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:12 pm
Yes Derb we gave a 2011 model. Wow interesting about the gas bottle slide out. I have seriously looked at installing one to save my back from trying to haul them out from the front locker. Good to know Coastal Caravans sell then. How did they do the gas locker door. Was it a standard rectangular Dometic type hatch or did it conform to the triangular shape of the locker ? I have noted the latter model SS have slides with a triangular access hatch. Im not 100% convinced the fixed tank idea is the way to go. The yellow Supercheap auto fuel container is not a bad idea. How is the fuel pickup and the breather done on your tank?
 #174320  by Paul-Carter
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:20 pm
I used the same 20L plastic "jerry can" sort of thing mounted in a locker next to the fuel tank and took a filler line up to beside the bus tank filler so I can open the fuel door and both fillers are there beside each other.
 #174325  by Derb
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:45 pm
With regard to the gas bottle slide out, Paul at Coastal had one off a Jayco in the loft which fitted bang on and conformed to the shape of the van. Flick me your cell no and I will txt back some pix of the installation. 027 3341711. Cheers.
 #174330  by David Wallace
 Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:30 am
Hi Derb. Just had another look at Coastal Caravans Web site and I found they also sell the gas locker doors. I will now measure up and see if things will fit. So just to confirm your set up, the photos on the web site show the slide install on the passenger side of the caravan. Yours is on the driver's side?. If so I assume slide and door can be installed on both sides of the van?
Pay with Paymate Express