Forum rules: Each member may record the build progress on their own thread. You may comment on others' threads but do not take them over with your own stories. Please try to ensure these threads are entertaining and snappy. You are welcome to include a few pics.
 #118990  by maccasparks
 Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:19 pm
Been chipping away with the build. New lining finished

Image[/ur]

Also installed four of these lights - 2watts each.
[url=http://postimg.cc/image/614w90li5/]Image

Installed hatch for slide out 4 burner hob

Now working on Queen size bed

Covered old over cupboards with new ply and have a alloy channel for some LED strip underneath

Installed fridge and connected solar . Been drinking beers cooled by the sun for couple of months now - even with all the crap weather and one panel shaded , I have not seen voltage drop below 12.9v

#122176  by maccasparks
 Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:28 pm
Bit more progress. Overhead cupboard doors and catches

Also put an LED strip under them

Slide out hob ready for gas connection

Lift up bed done

Also installed 2x 95L tanks and pump with tap and got a Rego and WOF.
Took it for a burn - all good - electric brakes are brilliant, no getting bumped are with hydraulic coupling.
Trailer coupling is a little high now due to new durotorques and 14" wheels so will change coupling mount next year.
Now its cupboard handles and catches...... getting close!
 #122183  by vansvilla
 Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:43 am
All looking good, we'll done.

A Comment from me, consider boxing in where the slide out BBQ fits when travelling. It is possible that the odor remaining will permeate through your bedding.
Add a couple of 50mm holes in the bottom of the formed box in case of any gas leaks.
 #126689  by King's
 Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 pm
Well done Macca. She's looking nice and practical.
We've just started wiring and insulating our chevron 1300. She's a we while off yet
 #127095  by Kerrin
 Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 am
Nice refurb work maccasparks! Can I ask where did u get all yr cupboard edging etc from? I can find the caravan ply etc but not the detailing bits and pieces. Any advice would be appreciated
 #127125  by maccasparks
 Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:48 pm
I glued caravan ply onto 9mm particle board for cupboard doors, drawers etc then took it to shop fitter to get edges banded with machine. However when they tried it the edgebander would scratch the caravan ply on the door front( almost like paper) so they ended up manually gluing on a meltica type product and filing / sanding the excess to get it right. The top hinges and handles are originals painted up.
As advised I have closed in the hatch area under the bed with caravan ply offcuts.
We have been away a few times now and its all good - especially the solar with fridge. No more dicking around with ice. Tows really well too. Ended up selling the 12ft tinny and got a kayak which we put on the car so can still have a crack with the rods and craypots.

Also grabbed a awning roof of trade me which worked out really good too. Next mission is do up the outside - starting with the roof. Have turned off the fridge (first time since June and batteries never been below 12.5v according to controller) , now to remove solar panels and start sanding when weather comes right.
 #128887  by Kerrin
 Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 pm
Wot product did u use to glue everything on with in the end? And how did u hold it all in place while glue set? I'm in middle of full rebuild on chevron 1500. Also have u any info I could borrow /copy etc reguarding wiring etc. I believe because we are relining it is a must to have it all inspected? I have a electrican mate whose goin to do the wrk but I need the standards and also what to do with old earthing to frame etc etc

Any help be greatly appreciated
Cheers
 #128897  by david 60
 Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:12 pm
If you need any information on a liteweight Dave Mcrobbie on Riverlie rd Hamilton has all the knowledge .

Caravan and motor home world
Pay with Paymate Express