Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #156749  by Skiwi
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 pm
Rovers wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:44 am
Radio department looks nice and busy, is the QYT a DMR or analogue only? Like you I "need" one of everything just haven't got HF permanently set up, but can organise very quickly if needs must. May catch you on air some time!
Cheers
Lindsay ZL4LDS
Hi Lindsay,

The radio is analogue - (QYT KT8900)
I think we may have already spoken, albeit a few years ago when you were in a sticks and bricks near Waikoikoi??
Paul ZL4SAR
 #156754  by Rovers
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:49 am
Your memory is better than mine Paul, sorry! OK on the analogue, that's probably where I should have stayed as well, DMR is a black science to me but that's the way some of it is going, to a degree with SAR etc. One of these days I will get mobile HF up and running, just have to find the room!!
OK gotta go
Cheers
Lindsay
 #156979  by Waymad
 Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:12 am
Scored a 20 litre tub of Penrite C4 5W-30 oil for the tug's 7,500km oil changes, from Repco for $182.25 in their Cyber Monday sale. That's $9.11 (ish) /litre. The Santa Fe takes 6.7 litres per change, so there's a whisker under 3 changes per tub. Filters (oil, fuel, air, cabin) from Brett's Truck in QLD for 1/2 - 2/3rds NZ price even after paying the ridiculous AusPost freight, for a top-spec Japanese brand. As the tug has now 225K km's on the clock, timely maintenance is of the essence.
 #157012  by Andycap
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:21 pm
Bought a new bbq to sit on the tail gate of the ute or camp table .Took advantage of the Camec $50 off offer in the latest brochure . Looks good, nice and shiny stainlesss steel :Y .Also a 3m. stainless braided lpg hose with the bayonet coupler to connect to the caravan fitting . Andy .
 #161632  by scubadoo
 Sat May 02, 2020 8:53 pm
Replaced the front Mini Heki hatch on our motorhome.
The well worn sliding shade and bug screen operation were becoming a little problematic.
It has often leaked just a little during a downpour and "fixed" until next time with a little sealant smeared along the roof edges.
I would love (not) to meet the original installer. Talk about skimping with sealant. :shock:
There is an inbuilt channel surrounding the hatch that is designed to be filled with sealant. Well I paid retail $20 for a 425g cartridge and at that rate that original installer used about 20 cents worth! At least that made the hatch removal a breeze.
Anyway an hours work and perhaps $15 worth of sealant the job is done and I doubt it will leak again in my lifetime.
 #162258  by Tweeny
 Fri May 22, 2020 10:32 pm
Spent unexpected urgent money, a rare event in my 19-year relationship with our 9-metre Isuzu. Out of the blue, in Masterton, the house alternator drive pulley shattered. How or why? Never know. It was an old-style flange-and-spacer jobbie fitted about 15 years ago with the Bosch industrial grade 12v unit that, then, became our house battery source. I noticed the 12v alt red light was on. Carried on driving the couple of Ks to Solway Park. Opened the rear doors. Alternator with half a pulley, belt flown down to join the four others at the bottom pulley, where is went through between the main fan belt and its pulley, on the way putting an evil twist in that belt (running inside-out on bottom pulley), and escaped into engine tray below. Both belts damaged. Also, became apparent, the alternator itself got such a thump the tension-adjuster bolt was bent. In the engine tray was the escaped half-face of the alternator pulley, ripped, bent and still hot as hell!
Thanks to Masterton suppliers AES (pulley) and Lin’s Auto Centre (belts), and particularly to Emerald Truck Services for finding time among their usual loggers and juggernauts to run around overcoming issues of non-standard owner mods and put it all together. Yes, I could have done it myself, but I paid money to avoid frustration :x, possible injury :o and an extra day :roll: where I didn’t want to be.
Pay with Paymate Express