Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #169846  by Andycap
 Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:41 pm
Sounds good Ed ,have printed out for future use .I wonder if they use the same ones on the outback ,so are longer than necessary when closed .They can be a bit of a bugger to be sure .
 #169855  by vansvilla
 Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:51 am
Tentative moments here, scored a wind down Fiamma E77 bike rack on Trademe.
Fitting involved drilling 8 holes through the rear wall of the new to 7s Trailite M'home.
Much measuring and re measuring to be absolutely sure. Because access to the rear boot is via the rear wall and not the sides, this rack needed to clear that so all bolts come through into the habitation side. Fortunately TL fit a tall ish padded headboard that covers the upper mounts.
Load spreader plates, internal and external.
Fit the bikes on trying to work out how the OCD bike cover fits them. The bikes need to be just so for the handlebar "Ears" to be in the right place.
Hopefully I will get better and faster at fitting the cover, found it quite fiddly really and whilst it is extremely well made out of very good quality materials wonder about ease of use. Oh well, practise will make perfect I guess.
 #170269  by BaldEd
 Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:10 am
Shortened the front legs of my Jayco Starcraft TL by 55mm. After getting caught out AGAIN last week by having to park on a slight slope and unable to drop the legs more than 30 degrees from horizontal :evil: I decided that they needed to shortened too. See my post of the 26th January 2021 re the shortening of the rear legs. It's great now to be able to set all legs vertical. :TU
 #170414  by Nut17
 Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:18 pm
I swapped out the failed Renogy 60 AMP DC DC charger in favour of the new Mastervolt 50 Amp unit. Had a full two hours run time today and was barely warm at arrival at our destination.
 #170416  by Paul-Carter
 Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:11 pm
Just finished repainting her, no longer looks like a Tokyo school bus :mrgreen:
 #170553  by vansvilla
 Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 pm
Yesterday, the Enginers finally finished the towbar. Today was spent rerouting the fresh water cross feed manifold to clear it. Also re routed the interconnecting vent hose.
Have found that filling the fresh is going to take a while longer now as the reroute of the cross feed manifold needed 4 right angle elbows, that seem to restricted the flow somewhat. To mitigate that will investigate pressure filling both tanks at the same time.
Next step is to wire in the trailer plug.
Into the Certifier on Monday for the cert and LT400. Dont see a problem there, used the Engineer he recommended. 😁
 #170625  by Skiwi
 Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:42 pm
.... Three years later I finally got motivated enough to track down why my hot-water has never worked on 240v since the day we brought the bus.

Turns out it was never hooked up when first installed and the cable from the hot-water cylinder to the 240v switch box actually terminated under a false floor in a cupboard. :lol: ;) Half an hour to trace the "fault" and hook it up = job done.

Now I wont feel quite so hard done by when on a powered site paying $35 to use my own power and gas. :TU :D

Cheers
Skiwi
 #170738  by vansvilla
 Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:59 pm
Had the trailer plug fitted this morning.
With the addition of the switching relay, all taillights now run through it. Power lead is taken from the battery direct.
Then once that was finished a visit by Nigel Randall who signed off on the towbar, gave me a cert, an LT 400 and finally the Cert plate to be placed on the towbar.
Didnt think the price from him too bad, $750 ish but then I have nothing to compare it to.
Right pleased now, South Island here we come.
Pay with Paymate Express