Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #173317  by Alec
 Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 pm
Anyone know if there is any parking near the Fielddays for a caravan, there was parking across the road from the site, is this still available or is there any onsite parking. My son is managing a site for the duration.
 #173319  by Nut17
 Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:19 pm
I was talking to a friend who is heading up there who has been in contact with the farmer who has land opposite gate 5. This will be available again this year - first in first served but only if it is not too wet. The gate will be locked if there is too much rain leading up to the event.
 #173363  by Derb
 Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:59 am
OK Fellas. Just doing a “reccie” outside Fieldays right now. Paddock opposite Gate 2 $10-00 but pretty much full. Paddock opposite Gate 3 $30-00😱 and empty - go figure (thieving bastards). Ground around here saturated. No other Motorhome parking signs out that i can see yet. Cheers.
 #173365  by Derb
 Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:07 am
OK. On return trip another paddock advertising camper parking pretty close to Gate 1 but no price on sign. Cheers.
 #173380  by Derb
 Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 pm
OK - we obviously have “price-fixing going on here. Am parked up opposite Gate 2 @ $30-00 per night. At least it is on the hard.
 #173418  by Derb
 Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:57 pm
2nd night here coming up. Jammed in like sardines 😡!!! You would be struggling to drive a Mazda Demio down between the parked vans/buses/horse trucks/caravans etc. Not a snowballs chance in hell of getting out in the event of a fire. There are at least 7 or 8 vehicles would have to be moved before I can leave. It is all about the money. I would honestly advise against members using this parking during any event at the Fieldays property. Cheers.
 #173419  by Chequers
 Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:24 pm
The Fieldays organisers need to get up to speed with just how many Motorhomers/Caravanners would attend this event if they providing decent overnight parking. Many rural folks with vans would welcome the chance to get away to this event and spend at least a couple of days there without the hassles of traffic jams and finding other accommodation. I am 'rural at heart from a long way back' and would certainly jump at the chance and enjoy this event.
I have replied to their emails where they have been trying to sell me tickets with my thoughts on this but the recipient of the email merely point out that there is parking available in some Waikato Towns and I should persue this!!!!
I have parked behind Mystery Creek Motel before (on a pay basis) and they were crammed in there too but booked out this year.
 #173430  by Derb
 Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:33 pm
Ah - well. A case of hurry up and wait🙄. Boxed in good and proper here. Advised the parking attendants that I am only booked in until this afternoon and won’t be leaving until the way out is clear. Will cook my dinner and read a book. May break out after 6-30 or so. Cheers.
Pay with Paymate Express