Post updated links to your picture galleries and travelogues.
 #6509  by Commander
 Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:31 pm
I have uploaded some pics showing progress of conversion project.. I will keep uploading as I progress.
Someone might be interested...

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2051526 ... 8388IsnNDw

Looks like it works... I use webshots which has some nice features but they do have popups... sorry about that...
Any comments are welcome...

Update... I have also created a web site to put a blog of build progress and other adventures... Anyone is welcome to browse and comment.

http://www.xenacommander.com/
Cheers

Clive
Last edited by Commander on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
 #6510  by Freda
 Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:46 pm
Well done Clive. Keep the photos comming. All the framing looks clean and solid. A real project. :)
 #6545  by Commander
 Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 am
Hi there...
She is a big girl... Have managed not to knock anything over with the overhang.. So far..!!
Wasn't sure what the term "Running Gear" included.. so consulted wikipedia... It implies everying below the floor... So..
Truck is powered by 16.7litre Hino V8 Diesel.. Rated around 340hp.... Front mounted... between driver and passenger seats... Not a good spot for major services I am told..!! but can't do much about that now...
drive shaft to dual tandem axels... all drive independent or can lock in 8 wheel drive..!! so to speak.. could be good when I go "off road"... It has hydralic levellers at the back only... but should be enough to get truck level for long stays.
Current weight around 12 tonne... GVM is 19 tonne so lots of capacity...
A great project I am enjoying the learning and planning process and now getting my hands dirty. Will update on here as I go.
Cheers
Clive
 #6546  by prada
 Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:26 am
Looking good, if you want to get the vinyl of the floor use heat gun makes it so much easier we have to do it to our yet not a nice job, you living in yours already or just in the process of doing it up reminds me of our old bus we moved straight in and built as we went, not doing it this time, going to be a little bit more organised we hope. It must have been a big job stripping it out but going to look magical. Cheers
 #6550  by Commander
 Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:06 am
Hi Jim and Di..
Thanks for the tip re lifting Vinyl.. It is all up now and I managed to get it off with a spade and brute force.. I wasn't worried about the condition of the ply afterwards.. It has lead in it and am replacing with new stuff...
I am not living in the truck.. I would like to but $$$ dictate to continue work for now... I live and work in Auckland.. and commute to Turangi where we have a bach and where the truck is parked..
I have been watching your posts with interest.. You are a little ahead of me.. I would love to see Prada some time...
Always good to get ideas from people who have already done what I am headed towards...
This forum is very addictive and I am on here too often reading old posts... Better get back to work..
Cheers
C
 #6562  by prada
 Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Clive I think we both at the same stage, we just waiting for the final windows to be inserted, then we be away, we dont even have any lining on as yet, but wanted the windows in first and the doors taken out and new one put in. Have the plans for inside but have to make the units, and yes this forum is addictive should have a warning notice on it :lol:
 #6603  by Gay'zin
 Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:19 pm
Well we are three at the same stage I think, my windows are all finished just have it at a machinic's doing a few pre COF check fixit (ie wheel bearings etc)
hopeing to bring it home soon (mind you the longer it is away the more organised I will be when we get it here.
Rebecca
 #6606  by prada
 Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:06 am
Hi rebecca dont you just miss them when they are gone nothing to dream in, looking forward to Prada being in our lounge :lol: Have you got your dream within easy reach Clive, to do work on.
Last edited by prada on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay with Paymate Express